PDA

View Full Version : amazing flick

smokingrobot
07-23-2005, 04:18 AM
has anyone seen Primer?

If not, its amazing. Well written, well shot, and damn interesting.

If someone already posted this about this movie, sorry i must've missed the thread...

Claunchy
07-23-2005, 04:38 AM
Never heard of it, but I just looked it up and it sounds cool enough.
Budget was $7000? That's just retarded.
Guess I'll add it to the ol' Netflix queue.

trying2learn
07-23-2005, 01:02 PM
my brother told me to go get it - he said it's one of those movies he started again right after it finished.

i have yet to see it - though this may push me over and i'll get it tonight.

smokingrobot
07-23-2005, 04:27 PM
yah, you hafta watch it at least twice. it really is a brilliant film. Somewhat eerie with th philosophical implications of ideas put forth.

as for the 7K budget, you wouldnt even notice, i couldnt believe 7K could make that kind of movie. talk about a return, im sure that net him some funds to make another great flick!

mike l.
07-23-2005, 04:59 PM
im going to netflix it but man if it sucks im going to come back to it on here and scream. im worried for two reasons:

1. it says it's a sundance grand prize winner and i just saw some movie called in the soup that was the same and it was so bad in so many ways i had to turn it off half way through.

2. netflix said that if i liked primer i would also like memento, a film that i hate so very deeply words alone cannot describe.

so, we'll see.

mason55
07-23-2005, 05:01 PM
One of the worst offenders of "I'm trying way too hard". Complete nonsense story? How could anyone like this movie?

For some reason I loved it though.

ozyman
07-23-2005, 06:54 PM
If you don't like Memento we might be in for some screaming. I really liked Primer because of all those times I have been sitting around bsing with my friends about how movies are so bad and we should get together and make a movie. The director/writer/actor Sahne Carruth, actually did that and made a damn good entertaining/smart (probably trying to hard) film.

gumpzilla
07-23-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2. netflix said that if i liked primer i would also like memento, a film that i hate so very deeply words alone cannot describe.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's there to hate about Memento? My interest is piqued.

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Memento sucked. And don't bother watching "Elephant" either because that sucks too except for the last 20 minutes in which the kids go on a killing spree in their school.

LotsOfOuts69
07-23-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hate Memento then don't bother trying to watch quality films that are actually interesting. Just go rent Armegeddon for the 10th time.

Morpheus
07-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Armagedden sucked.