PDA

View Full Version : How to set up an avatar from a .gif file..?

TrailofTears
07-23-2005, 04:12 AM
I don't know how to set up an avatar from a .gif file. Can someone give me a brief rundown of how to do this? I am relatively computer saavy, so I will understand basic jargon and directions. Thanks in advance for the help with this.

-T

-Skeme-
07-23-2005, 04:18 AM
My Home > Edit "Personal information, email, password, etc." > Avatar link > Submit

StevieG
07-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I'll just add two things to Skeme's directions.

1) The avatar link has to be a URL for the image in question that is accessible from the public Internet. In other words, you need to have it hosted on a Web server somewhere. Many people here use ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/) to host their avatar image.

2) Keep in mind that the 2+2 forum serves up the image as 80x80 so if your avatar GIF is not that size it will be shrunk or magnified to become that size. If your image is not square, it will become skewed. If you want tips on using MS Paint to manipulate your GIF, say the word.

TrailofTears
07-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I wasn't sure the easiest way to host an image for use. I've never been an avatar type of guy, but this one just fits too well.

-T