PDA

View Full Version : I'm convinced PP sngs are seat dependant.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Here is a very strange but consistant phenomena I've found the party poker sngs. If i'm in a down swing I look at the seats that are winning. More often than not they are consistant winners. right now for me it seems to be seat 1 and 10 are the winners. Not only am I winning when I play those seats (particularly seat 10) but I get so lucky that it's riduculous. if i have TT against KK i flop the set.
If I have 9 8 against AA I make a straight. Even the table comments on my luck. I still apply the general SnG rules but when I sit in the "hot seat" I get great cards and the flops to go with them. Eventually the seats get cold and then I look for the next "hot seats". Anyone else experience this?

tomdemaine
07-23-2005, 01:14 AM
fold

Sponger15SB
07-23-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a very strange but consistant phenomena I've found the party poker sngs. If i'm in a down swing I look at the seats that are winning. More often than not they are consistant winners. right now for me it seems to be seat 1 and 10 are the winners. Not only am I winning when I play those seats (particularly seat 10) but I get so lucky that it's riduculous. if i have TT against KK i flop the set.
If I have 9 8 against AA I make a straight. Even the table comments on my luck. I still apply the general SnG rules but when I sit in the "hot seat" I get great cards and the flops to go with them. Eventually the seats get cold and then I look for the next "hot seats". Anyone else experience this?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.factspider.com/co/confirmation-bias.html

trdi
07-23-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I have 9 8 against AA I make a straight. Even the table comments on my luck. Eventually the seats get cold and then I look for the next "hot seats". Anyone else experience this?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are absolutely right. However, I also believe that seat 7 is a cheater and seat 4 is always fish. So no matter how good you are, if you are seat 4, you play the worst and if you are seat 7 you get a special cheating screen where you can see cards of your opponents. You just have to write in a special cheat code. I can sell it to you for $1000.

Jdogg
07-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Heh, I will only play if i get seat three.

trdi
07-23-2005, 01:39 AM
That's because you don't have the cheat code. $1000, PM me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jdogg
07-23-2005, 01:49 AM
You are as dumb as those people that sell there systems on the tv. Keep it to yourself... you will make way more that way!
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

clutch
07-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Shhh.....

cain06
07-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Damn, I will never get these 45 seconds back again. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Slim Pickens
07-23-2005, 02:28 AM
You just made my night. nh

A_Junglen
07-23-2005, 02:47 AM
You really were asking for it with this thread..

viennagreen
07-23-2005, 02:50 AM
i like your screenname.

The Yugoslavian
07-23-2005, 03:54 AM
More like CaptDumbAsFuckingPossible.

Yugoslav

yabastid
07-23-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

PrayingMantis
07-23-2005, 04:01 AM
This is a very good post. I believe citanul should put it into the FAQ.

Also, consider writing some more stuff on similar issues, that are rarely discussed here, and are extremely important:

1) What to wear when moving up in limits?

2) How do different kinds of flowers help your ITM%?

GL.

The Yugoslavian
07-23-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tulips.

Yugoslav

SammyKid11
07-23-2005, 04:21 AM
Dear God...

Is the brain you gave me a blessing or a curse? On the one hand, I like that I'm not a moron. On the other hand, I so often find myself wanting to chew through my own wrists.

Thanks for the brain, I think.

PrayingMantis
07-23-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tulips.

[/ QUOTE ]

My new setup:

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/3960/setup5zr.jpg

Roman
07-23-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tulips.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW...

tshort
07-23-2005, 04:44 AM
Every time I lose out of a tournament, I make sure to stick around an extra 20 min until the end to see which seat wins. Capt, if you want to help me, we can get a database of info to figure out what the most profitable seat is. We could probably sell the information to forum members.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a very boring,unimaginative, uncreative person YUGO. Your obvious superiority due to your lack of superstition might be very impressive to you but it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Every create anything? Build anything? Are you an artist? And NO being a winning poker player doesn't make you an artist. Your name calling, whether it's true or not, indicates much time spent in trailer parks watching the WWF.

Jennifer Harmon knows no poker math yet she's considered a poker great. She plays on feel. I respect that. Doyle Brunson plays T 2 with a consistancy that nears superstition if not crossing that line with room to spare.

If picking seats that I feel are winning seats wins me money and games then that, I guess, is my superstition. To call me "dumb as [censored] possible" shows absolutely no ability at cleverness or wit whatsoever. I remember the kids in 7th grade speaking just like that.

I'm a musician and writer with a long list of professional accomplishment behind me. Do you have a life outside of poker, Nascar and beer?

while my 38% win rate probably doesn't come close to your stellar poker accomplishments I have many other interests that inspire me. Poker is just one part of my life among many others.

What happened to you when you were younger? Daddy didn't love enough or a little too much?
See, now like it or not, There's a little bit of cleverness in that line and I didn't use a single cuss word.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Every time I lose out of a tournament, I make sure to stick around an extra 20 min until the end to see which seat wins. Capt, if you want to help me, we can get a database of info to figure out what the most profitable seat is. We could probably sell the information to forum members.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in. We could get The Yugo to beat up the people that don't want to buy it since he reeks of hostility /images/graemlins/grin.gif

citanul
07-23-2005, 11:46 AM
yugo and captsens:

no more namecalling. dynasty has started something that i think is brilliant: 2 day suspensions. brilliant!

captsens:

a) i'm pretty sure jen knows the math
b) i'm pretty sure doyle doesn't play T2 nearly as often as you think
c) beyond making you feel more comfortable at the table (which may have some EV to it) there is nothing to this sense that some seats are better than others.
d) it *may* be that good players tend to sit in those seats, who knows. that would make the players good, not the seats.
e) never confuse cause with effect.
f) you deserved to get a bit flamed for your OP, so calm the [censored] down.

yugo:

the correct answer is clearly orchids.

citanul

KyleM
07-23-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a very boring,unimaginative, uncreative person YUGO. Your obvious superiority due to your lack of superstition might be very impressive to you but it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Every create anything? Build anything? Are you an artist? And NO being a winning poker player doesn't make you an artist. Your name calling, whether it's true or not, indicates much time spent in trailer parks watching the WWF.

Jennifer Harmon knows no poker math yet she's considered a poker great. She plays on feel. I respect that. Doyle Brunson plays T 2 with a consistancy that nears superstition if not crossing that line with room to spare.

If picking seats that I feel are winning seats wins me money and games then that, I guess, is my superstition. To call me "dumb as [censored] possible" shows absolutely no ability at cleverness or wit whatsoever. I remember the kids in 7th grade speaking just like that.

I'm a musician and writer with a long list of professional accomplishment behind me. Do you have a life outside of poker, Nascar and beer?

while my 38% win rate probably doesn't come close to your stellar poker accomplishments I have many other interests that inspire me. Poker is just one part of my life among many others.

What happened to you when you were younger? Daddy didn't love enough or a little too much?
See, now like it or not, There's a little bit of cleverness in that line and I didn't use a single cuss word.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just called "the yugoslavian" a dumb american redneck.

When he called you "CaptDumbAsFuckingPossible," he might have been giving you too much credit.

Also, I'll need your name on Party. Thanks.

trdi
07-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Emmmm... you know, I think Jenny knows more poker math than you might think.
About Doyle - I've seen him folding T2 preflop at least 3 times.

07-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm new - this is practice. Great thread, funny stuff.
I'm also new to online sngs. I always try for seats 10 or 1 - and now I know why! Great instincts, look for me in the winners circle.

07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bald guy never wins. Don't sit in that seat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

eastbay
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Pay no attention to these naysayers, they are closed minded jerks. These hot seats are best found not by trial and error, which wastes a lot of EV as they do move over time, but by the use of divining rods or dowsing pendulum. I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199. Traditional divining rods cannot navigate the interference between your energy field and your monitor's traditional "scientific" radiation field. These specially designed divining rods neutralize this interference, giving a high quality divining response. Precision, high performance hot seat divining rods for 8-tabling are available on a limited basis for $299. Hot seat dowsing pendulums are in a research phase, and I think their potential for finding the hot seats is even more spectacular. Don't get left behind, those getting in touch with their spiritual potential are taking this game to a new level.

eastbay

microbet
07-23-2005, 01:25 PM
This thread (http://insurance.cch.com/rupps/attractive-nuisance-doctrine.htm)

Hey, it's just a joke Capt., no need to go Nascar on me.

JayKon
07-23-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me IN! Will you take NetTeller? I hope overnight shipping is available.

trdi
07-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Don't listen to him. He just wants your money. Check my posts about the special cheat code for only $999.90 for seat 7! Yes, there is a discount only for you.

ewing55
07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
So this is what everyone is talking about. Eastbay's PowerTools. (What are the other tools??? or is there only one.) Where do you buy these? Do you have a website. Please PM me, I don't want everyone else to know.

---------------Jeff

wildzer0
07-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Can I trade in my SNGPT towards it? All that math was making my brain hurt anyway.

benfranklin
07-23-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199. Traditional divining rods cannot navigate the interference between your energy field and your monitor's traditional "scientific" radiation field.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an obvious scam, blatantly attempting to bilk the new and naive players.

Experienced pros know that the interference between your energy field and the radiation field is easily neutralized by an AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie). The scientific basis for this is documented here. (http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html)

Just remember, shiny side out.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/afdbtest.bbjjjb.jpg

SlackerMcFly
07-23-2005, 02:13 PM
The hot-seat divining rod works! But it's not effective unless you have the formula for choosing the color of your cards.

While using the divining rod, you absolutely must choose Orange if you are in seats 2-5, but only in levels 1 and 4. The formula changes for every other blind increase except on Saturdays and Wednesdays when the reverse order is used.

This is a free tip.

To receive your complete guide on "Card color Super System for Winning Poker Players", have your credit card handy and scoot on over to: www.ImaWetDonkeyIdiot .com (no spaces)

Yugo uses this system, that's why he is so wealthy and successful.

Karak567
07-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Well, I've found that seats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are the most likely ones to win. As long as you get in one of them, you are set.

benfranklin
07-23-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Jennifer Harmon knows no poker math

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe that, I have some prime ocean front property you might like to invest in. And it's only 30 minutes from the LV strip. Oh, and Phil Hellmuth can see into your soul too. You forgot that one.

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle Brunson plays T 2 with a consistancy that nears superstition if not crossing that line with room to spare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle won a hand at the TV table in the 2003 ME with T2. He said on camera that he tries to play that hand once every big tournament just for fun.

[ QUOTE ]
Daddy didn't love enough or a little too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

The little bit of cleverness was so little I missed it. Perhaps because it was obscured by the line's great bit of offensiveness.

unit63
07-23-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle Brunson plays T 2 with a consistancy that nears superstition if not crossing that line with room to spare.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "consistency" you mean "Doyle Brunson hands that TV producers like to put on the air as opposed to the uncontested Texas Fold'em hands that outnumber showdown hands by probably 30-to-1 and are nearly all edited out for TV," then yes, I'd say he plays T2 very consistently.

He just plays T2 for a laugh once in a while to mug for the cameras. The one or two times out of thousands of hands that he does this aren't statistically significant to his overall play given the many other strong factors he brings to the game. When you get to Doyle's level of experience, $$$, and grandiose stature, you should feel free to do the same with your seat selection. Until then, stick to reality.

And "thank you" for playing Party Poker! Really!

The Yugoslavian
07-23-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my new favorite poster....

I'm not even kidding.

Yugoslav
TULIPS BATCHES!

Jay36489
07-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Doyle mucks T2 just like everyone else, and he hates that the hand is named after him...

trdi
07-23-2005, 05:08 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif Eastbay's Power Fools... I mean Tools. Eastbay, tell us it's not true! That's why I can't always get the seat I want. It asks me for my "Eastbay's Power Tools ID" to continue.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yugo and captsens:

no more namecalling. dynasty has started something that i think is brilliant: 2 day suspensions. brilliant!

captsens:

a) i'm pretty sure jen knows the math
b) i'm pretty sure doyle doesn't play T2 nearly as often as you think
c) beyond making you feel more comfortable at the table (which may have some EV to it) there is nothing to this sense that some seats are better than others.
d) it *may* be that good players tend to sit in those seats, who knows. that would make the players good, not the seats.
e) never confuse cause with effect.
f) you deserved to get a bit flamed for your OP, so calm the [censored] down.

yugo:

the correct answer is clearly orchids.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when the voice of reason steps in /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Seriously, thank you!

No, I'm absolutely am not surprised at the flaming on this post.
The title "I'm Convinced..." was meant with a bit of humor. I found Yugo's response not only to be void of any humor whatsoever (though I'm sure some might disagree on that), I found it to be downright underservedly nasty.

Probably a better title for the post might have been "What superstitions do you have at the SnGs?" or it might have been better posted in the "Psychology" forum. I like the SnG forum cause, well, that's what I play.

I sincerely apologize to Yugo if I offended him and for all the derogetory comments I made.
If someone fires at me verbally I have reflex to fire right back. That's not always a good thing.

Thanks Citanul for inspiring my apology.

The Yugoslavian
07-23-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I sincerely apologize to Yugo if I offended him and for all the derogetory comments I made.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. I don't really take any comments directed towards me personally...I also don't spend any time worrying about whether or not I offend other people. That being said, once you're familiar with my posts and posting style, most people are hard pressed to view me as a 'mean' or offensive poster.
Anyway, you're my new favorite poster (filling the void left by TOW), /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav
Who only actually quasi-hates one regular STT poster...

Tea_Bagger
07-23-2005, 05:49 PM
If you knew what was good for you, you'd stop even TRYING to defend yourself and just end your involvement with this thread. Also, change your screename ASAP as no one is going to take anything you say seriously ever again. Suicide isn't a bad option for you either. I heard chambers 2 and 6 do the job with the least amount of pain/mess. Just FYI.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You just called "the yugoslavian" a dumb american redneck.

When he called you "CaptDumbAsFuckingPossible," he might have been giving you too much credit.

Also, I'll need your name on Party. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a partial reprint of my apology to Yugo from my reply to citanul's post:
...I sincerely apologize to Yugo if I offended him and for all the derogetory comments I made...

Also, I didn't call him a dumb american redneck. What I said was:

"Your name calling, whether it's true or not, indicates much time spent in trailer parks watching the WWF."

It was a comment on his choice of words and what they indicate.

My name on PP is Jettlag. What's yours?

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Pay no attention to these naysayers, they are closed minded jerks. These hot seats are best found not by trial and error, which wastes a lot of EV as they do move over time, but by the use of divining rods or dowsing pendulum. I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199. Traditional divining rods cannot navigate the interference between your energy field and your monitor's traditional "scientific" radiation field. These specially designed divining rods neutralize this interference, giving a high quality divining response. Precision, high performance hot seat divining rods for 8-tabling are available on a limited basis for $299. Hot seat dowsing pendulums are in a research phase, and I think their potential for finding the hot seats is even more spectacular. Don't get left behind, those getting in touch with their spiritual potential are taking this game to a new level.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THIS is a funny, clever post. I really did Laugh Out Loud.

Tea_Bagger
07-23-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...are you f***ing high? I think I speak for everyone when I say you are one of the funniest/dumbest posters on this site. You suck. Keep it up.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The hot-seat divining rod works! But it's not effective unless you have the formula for choosing the color of your cards.

While using the divining rod, you absolutely must choose Orange if you are in seats 2-5, but only in levels 1 and 4. The formula changes for every other blind increase except on Saturdays and Wednesdays when the reverse order is used.

This is a free tip.

To receive your complete guide on "Card color Super System for Winning Poker Players", have your credit card handy and scoot on over to: www.ImaWetDonkeyIdiot .com (no spaces)

Yugo uses this system, that's why he is so wealthy and successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMFAO

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...are you f***ing high? I think I speak for everyone when I say you are one of the funniest/dumbest posters on this site. You suck. Keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Another intelligent post. Your parents are obviously unaware of birth control. Are you? For the sake of intelligent life on earth I highly recommend using it.

Am I high? no, I'm just not afraid of you knowing my name on PP.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199. Traditional divining rods cannot navigate the interference between your energy field and your monitor's traditional "scientific" radiation field.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an obvious scam, blatantly attempting to bilk the new and naive players.

Experienced pros know that the interference between your energy field and the radiation field is easily neutralized by an AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie). The scientific basis for this is documented here. (http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html)

Just remember, shiny side out.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/afdbtest.bbjjjb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OW it hurts! OMG that is funny.

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread (http://insurance.cch.com/rupps/attractive-nuisance-doctrine.htm)

Hey, it's just a joke Capt., no need to go Nascar on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's funny AND clever. It's just too easy to differentiate between the people on here with intelligence and those without.

skierdude1000
07-23-2005, 06:12 PM
I like to sit at a random spot evertyime, the random spot is lucky, always /images/graemlins/confused.gif

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... Suicide isn't a bad option for you either. I heard chambers 2 and 6 do the job with the least amount of pain/mess. Just FYI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you registered yet with your local police department?

bluefeet
07-23-2005, 06:15 PM
MODERATOR!!!!!!!

.....enough already?

CaptSensible
07-23-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. I don't really take any comments directed towards me personally...I also don't spend any time worrying about whether or not I offend other people. That being said, once you're familiar with my posts and posting style, most people are hard pressed to view me as a 'mean' or offensive poster.
Anyway, you're my new favorite poster (filling the void left by TOW), /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav
Who only actually quasi-hates one regular STT poster...

[/ QUOTE ]

While our ideas of what's offensive may be different I appreciate that difference and will take future comments you might direct at me with a grain of salt. Thanks for replying /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yugoslavian
07-23-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

While our ideas of what's offensive may be different I appreciate that difference and will take future comments you might direct at me with a <font color="red">bucket</font> of salt. Thanks for replying /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

taylor
07-23-2005, 06:27 PM
can anyone tell me where to get one a them dividing rods, they sound really cool iffin they ain't too expensive. I need every edge I can get, thanks

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif