PDA

View Full Version : online auto-crap-hand folder tool

07-23-2005, 12:38 AM
For online players,

Would anybody be interested in a program that folded bad hands preflop automatically, and otherwise notifies you (by audio) if you should play?

I'm trying to make one, just seeing if anybody else finds it useful.

CallMeIshmael
07-23-2005, 12:38 AM
I asked about this once.

"It's too close to a bot" was the general opinion.

eric5148
07-23-2005, 12:42 AM
No - because I like playing trash hands.

bobbyi
07-23-2005, 12:46 AM
A program that plays for you is called a bot. It will get you banned from pretty much any site. I am not going to get banned because I am too lazy to click the fold button when I'm dealt 92o.

Greg J
07-23-2005, 01:02 AM
The results of this poll rock so far!

PugetSound
07-23-2005, 01:10 AM
This reply was automatically generated by auto-software.

ds914
07-23-2005, 09:45 AM
It's a nice idea. I think many people would find it fairly useful, but no one's going to risk getting banned to use it.

07-26-2005, 01:25 PM
What if the software also had statistical analysis real time data,
i.e. pot odds, all possible draws and their strengths, etc...?

What about speech input (you can tell your computer to fold, call, raise by x, etc...)?

the_joker
07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if the software also had statistical analysis real time data,
i.e. pot odds, all possible draws and their strengths, etc...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff like this obviously already exists, but I'm sure improvements could be made. You just have to make sure you don't cross the line between bot and human, whatever that is, because I don't think many people will use it if you do.

[ QUOTE ]

What about speech input (you can tell your computer to fold, call, raise by x, etc...)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd better make it extremely reliable which will be a difficult task with speech input. Even if you can make it reliable, it seems like it would be slower than using the mouse.

07-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Two problems:
<ul type="square"> It is hard to define "bad" hand. While some hands may be bad in certain situations, they may be profitable in others. You may be losing opporunities to pick up pots had you been paying attention. This will take your attention away from the game, and you will lose your ability to read the players at your table, inevitably resulting in your inability to effectively play the hands you do play. [/list]

Ricardido
07-26-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This reply was automatically generated by auto-software.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

smartalecc5
07-26-2005, 02:35 PM
i sometimes raise 53s in MP+2 or later to mix up my table image. You can't ALWAYS play premium hands.

I swear, there are 3 types of poker players online that I encounter.

1)People who play most hands and are not winning players.

2)People who play strictly by David Sklansky's rules and never deviate from it and usually ahve about a 12% VP$IP.

3)People who play tight but mix up their plays. They dont play every JTs from MP, but they occasionally do.

I find that playing against #3 people are a whole lot tougher than the #2 people. The #2 people is like reading a book.

With this program, I fear you might become a #2.

Guthrie
07-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Now it's even more of a bot than just an auto folder and will get your account closed and your funds confiscated even faster.

B Dids
07-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Why would you want to automate nittery?

zephed
07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to automate nittery?

[/ QUOTE ]
funny.