PDA

View Full Version : 10/20: JJ takes a Questionable Free Card

beset7
07-22-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm in LMP with a black JJ. UTG, who is loose and stuck and probably gambling to try and get even raises. Folded to me and I 3-bet. Folded to the BB who calls and we see the flop 3 handed. Flop is K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG bets out I raise, BB folds, UTG calls. Turn is a blank, 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and UTG checks to me and I check behind.

Thanks in advance.

brettbrettr
07-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Are you calling a river bet?

beset7
07-23-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm calling a blank and raising if I hit. The goal was cheap showdown against someone who may very well be gambling with a small PP or other trash and set myself up to win a two bets if I hit my open-ender.

sy_or_bust
07-23-2005, 12:29 AM
This is clearly the best line because you aren't afraid of a free card and Villain sounds like he'll lead into you with all sorts of hands on the river. It's typically a check/fold UI, but with your read you may as well call a bet and try to pick off AT or worse.

07-23-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling a blank and raising if I hit. The goal was cheap showdown against someone who may very well be gambling with a small PP or other trash and set myself up to win a two bets if I hit my open-ender.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the check behind, in indeuces a river bluff plus we would hate to get check raised on the turn .

07-23-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is clearly the best line because you aren't afraid of a free card and Villain sounds like he'll lead into you with all sorts of hands on the river. It's typically a check/fold UI, but with your read you may as well call a bet and try to pick off AT or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you can fold to a river bet if you check the turn.

J. Sawyer
07-23-2005, 12:52 AM
isn't this standard?

beset7
07-23-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
isn't this standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if it is then I would consider myself happy to be informed as such. I often post my 10/20 hands in Micro for this very reason. I'm not a great LHE player. I'm convinced I only have a healthy win rate in red chip games because of obsessive/anal table selection.

J. Sawyer
07-23-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if it is then I would consider myself happy to be informed as such. I often post my 10/20 hands in Micro for this very reason. I'm not a great LHE player. I'm convinced I only have a healthy win rate in red chip games because of obsessive/anal table selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

consider yourself happy