PDA

View Full Version : Rude, Crafty, or Kind?

Chief911
07-22-2005, 11:32 PM
I have a bad habit. Especially when I'm chip leader 4 handed. Quite a few times recently if the 2nd biggest stack raises (And especially if small stack is close to busting), I'll reraise allin, and say "Do you really wanna bust before small_stack does?"

Rude? Kind? Loving? Am I a jackass? I'm mixed in how I feel about it. Unneeded?

Nick

Karak567
07-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I do that move all the time, however I don't say anything.

One time the second big stack insta-spite-called me with 89s when the small stack had .5 BBs left.

gumpzilla
07-22-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unneeded?

[/ QUOTE ]

This much is true for sure. How various people are going to read your chat varies; some will decide that you can't have anything if you need to say something like that and call you, others will just ignore it.

It's probably mildly jackass, but it's really not bad and is worlds better than lots of things people frequently say at the table. I don't know how much table chat you engage in outside of KOTZ events, but if you talk a lot anyway then it's fine.

yabastid
07-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Seems like an ego thing to me. Can't see it doing much good. It's like "Look how smart I am, look how stupid you are. NOW EAT IT!!"

yabstid

Chief911
07-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Gump,

Are you saying I talk too much? =)

Ok, maybe too much during KOTZ....and the rebuy...but usually am silent during sng's.

Nick

skierdude1000
07-22-2005, 11:57 PM
I'll admit I do that to, just don't say the whole part

gumpzilla
07-23-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe too much during KOTZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Not possible. I think one of the fun things about KOTZ is that people chat more than usual. I like seeing chat at the table in general, provided it's not just players railing on each other.

Annulus
07-23-2005, 12:06 AM
I think the move is classic bully poker, and its an integral part of all winning sng players. However I think the comments are uneccessary and borderline unethical.

skierdude1000
07-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Another favorite of mine that my now deceased friend made up is raising someone to the point that they only have 1 chip left. This pisses people off, but I've been called before and seen people only have 1 chip left.

Mr_J
07-23-2005, 12:55 AM
I don't do it.

It smartens alot of them up that they think about short stack, and that the hand they hold might no be worth busting out with.

It also probally makes them bitter and spite call.