PDA

View Full Version : Can I get away from this one

trader77
07-22-2005, 11:09 PM
B and M 1+2 $200 max buy in. I have been at this table about an hour and it seem very tight. I had recently doubled up with a set of aces over a set of nines so i was third in chip stack. Villain recently joined the table and never showed a hand down and hadn't played very many in about a half hour. Maybe three four max. Ten handed.

I'm UTG AJo and raise ten
three folds
MP1 calls 10
Villain calls 10
Co calls 10
3 folds

flop J 2 2
I bet 20
fold
villain raises to forty
one fold to me
i call
turn rag I check
villain bets forty, (120 in pot)
I call (200 in pot)
river rag
I check
villain bets forty
I call
Villain shows pocket kings

PS. I dont remember the last two cards but at the table I know they didnt help him.

microbet
07-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Doesn't look like a single table tourney, but...

Raising 5xBB is pretty big UTG. Is that standard in this game? If it isn't run-of-the-mill, getting two flat calls is a huge sign of strength. The game is tight and villian is tight and he calls a UTG 5bb raise and another call?

I don't blame you for betting the flop or check/raising a small bet or check/calling a small bet perhaps, but I don't think I would even let $20 more go into this pot.

trader77
07-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Yes I dont know if this belongs in single table tournament forum. Perhaps another forum would be more appropriate. But to answer your first question at a standard 1+2 game a 10 dollar bet indicates some strength. If you raise six bucks the whole table will call and get angry in the process.