PDA

View Full Version : Scary message broke in during PP SNG...Has it happened to you?

Lisa99
07-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Just had the strangest thing occur...has anyone else ever had a message window popup happen during a Party Poker SNG? The message said "Searching Pkg SW" or something like that...it happened very fast and then was gone.

Thanks!
Lisa

JayKon
07-22-2005, 09:45 PM
No, but you could email support and get a canned answer about refreshing your screen, or rebotting your computer.

07-23-2005, 01:38 AM
theres no way your ganna get a straigh answer from one of those "foreigners" from party poker. Ive had problems getting them to answer simple questions.

JayKon
07-23-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
theres no way your ganna get a straigh answer from one of those "foreigners" from party poker. Ive had problems getting them to answer simple questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, clearly my sarcasm wasn't thick enough.

As to them being "fereners", they are good people in India trying to make their way in life and feed their families. I get mad at them sometimes too, but never for where they live, work and certainly not for not living in America.

Edit: Before my temper flares, I'm going to bed.

viennagreen
07-23-2005, 02:58 AM
yes... we should get someone with your "native" educational background to fix things up.

jon462
07-23-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just had the strangest thing occur...has anyone else ever had a message window popup happen during a Party Poker SNG? The message said "Searching Pkg SW" or something like that...it happened very fast and then was gone.

Thanks!
Lisa

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never had that happenned, but it sounds like you should get some anti-spy software just in case..

JayKon
07-23-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks!
Lisa

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never had that happenned, but it sounds like you should get some anti-spy software just in case..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea.

07-23-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As to them being "fereners", they are good people in India trying to make their way in life and feed their families. I get mad at them sometimes too, but never for where they live, work and certainly not for not living in America.

Edit: Before my temper flares, I'm going to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I by no means am trying to use that as a point to poke fun at, was just pointing at their lack of ablity to comunicate properly is not very well. They seem to have a written list of responses for everythign and if they dont have an answer they tell you something that is the solution to another problem. Ive had fun with them when there was a problem with my account

SavageMiser
07-23-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I by no means am trying to use that as a point to poke fun at, was just pointing at their lack of ablity to comunicate properly is not very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just hurt myself laughing.

Blindcurve
07-23-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I by no means am trying to use that as a point to poke fun at, was just pointing at their lack of ablity to comunicate properly is not very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I did.

FOITNOF,

-D.

SammyKid11
07-23-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...a guy who knows how to make fun of someone for not speaking properly in their second (or maybe third or fourth) language...who can't write proper sentences in his ONLY language. Maybe instead of making fun of foreigners you should take a really hard look at.....North Carolina. Hasn't exactly produced a ton of eloquence.

tshort
07-23-2005, 07:45 AM
I would try to get the exact message and Google it.

Isura
07-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Unrelated, but some guy at playing a $20 last night claimed his hole cards disappeared for a few hands. Freaky.

JayKon
07-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Check the log file.
c:\Program FIles\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.RPT. It is ASCII text.

benfranklin
07-23-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

English only at the table please.

07-23-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it better the first time. Stupid foreigners.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...a guy who knows how to make fun of someone for not speaking properly in their second (or maybe third or fourth) language...who can't write proper sentences in his ONLY language. Maybe instead of making fun of foreigners you should take a really hard look at.....North Carolina. Hasn't exactly produced a ton of eloquence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to this kid. You sound canadian.

Phill S
07-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Someone in this thread needs to realise that Party poker isnt an american company. Hell, im the only one in this thread who comes close to having it in my country, and thats just cos its traded over here on our stock exchange.

Phill

jon462
07-24-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unrelated, but some guy at playing a $20 last night claimed his hole cards disappeared for a few hands. Freaky.

[/ QUOTE ]
I played a MTT once on pstars a year or so ago.. I was rather fishy then, and bluffed post flop with K9 of hearts on a missed flop, and took it down. Immediately I was moved to another table which had a hand in progress. I saw another guy to my left had K9 of hearts - then realized the hand was still in progress, I could see his cards. he bluffed at a pot that had completely missed his hand - and took it down. After the hand I announced I asked if he had K9 of hearts and he responded "oh crap" and confirmed it. I didnt see anymore opponent cards, but that was rather freaky..

tjh
07-24-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I played a MTT once on pstars a year or so ago.. I was rather fishy then, and bluffed post flop with K9 of hearts on a missed flop, and took it down. Immediately I was moved to another table which had a hand in progress. I saw another guy to my left had K9 of hearts - then realized the hand was still in progress, I could see his cards. he bluffed at a pot that had completely missed his hand - and took it down. After the hand I announced I asked if he had K9 of hearts and he responded "oh crap" and confirmed it. I didnt see anymore opponent cards, but that was rather freaky..

[/ QUOTE ]

As a slightly aware computer nerd I can see no reason for the client to be aware of any hands besides its own. I could see the info being sent based on seat # and I could see a table change causing a lapse in update and therefore you might see info for the seat that you previously held. Still a bug that I hope they have worked out..

--
tjh

SammyKid11
07-24-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it better the first time. Stupid foreigners.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to this kid. You sound canadian.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by Canadian you mean "doesn't trip over himself while he writes" -- then I guess you're right. Actually, I'm from Texas. Oh, and the word "Canadian" is capitalized, 'tard.