PDA

View Full Version : Proposal: New Party SNG Hand History Convertor

07-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I have been trying to post a Party NL SNG hand history for quite some time, but I do not like to reveal my identity (although it wouldn't matter at all if I did).

I have tried numerous times the bisonbison's hand convertor and I simply couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. I have seen others pull it off, but they won't tell me how to do it. I believe I was referred to the beginners forum once... ah well, such is life.

The point of this post is not to discredit the bisonbison hand convertor, it has been a HUGE addition to the poker forum world since the beginning of time, and it is a GREAT tool. There is only one flaw, Party Poker SNG tourneys. Maybe there is a way to do it that I am missing, but I tried almost everything.

So here goes. I am a computer programmer/web developer. I have created extensive applications that analyze and parse text much like the hand histories, so I feel I am qualified to do what I am proposing to do.

I plan on creating the 2+2 SNG Hand Convertor, which will do just as the title says... convert SNG hand histories from party poker. At least that is how it will start of, and depending upon the success of this new tool, we may decide to expand upon it.

I do relaize some of you are against tools like this and would rather just post the raw history, but frankly I find them very dull and hard to read. If you are against this idea, then I respect that.

All in favor?

bluefeet
07-22-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Thanks, and good luck!

Slim Pickens
07-22-2005, 04:23 PM
It sounds like a good idea. Those who don't like using the converter are generally very good at making the hands readable, but I prefer mine to be converted.

microbet
07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't mind the raw histories, but certainly have nothing against converted hands. I don't see why anyone would. GL. It will be widely appreciated.

Jbrochu
07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Earlier today, I sent you a URL by PM to a thread discussing how to get the Bison converter to work for Party. Check your PM's...