PDA

View Full Version : ROTFLMAO During WSOP Broadcast Last Night

11-07-2001, 01:11 PM
"Dewey Tomko quit poker after the 1982 WSOP to spend more time with his family."

Jaysus! Hey, Dewey, who was that getting interviewed by TIME magazine during the 1990 WSOP? Who is that guy who's number 3 on the "most times in the money" list?

BTW the show was well done as a travelogue/"lookit all that cash" piece for Ma & Pa Kettle from East Dakota, but totally sucked for any hardcore poker fan. I guess that's why it's on the Travel Channel now, instead of ESPN.

Hardly any hands were shown, and no play-by-play at all. More loops and out of sequence scenes(like last year) than an old Ginger Lynn movie. Second place on the funny list was how the narrator=clown kept referring to chip stacks as "pots". I never thought I'd say this, but come back Dick Van Patten, all is forgiven!

It was nice not seeing(and esp. not hearing) Slim and Wilford Brimely, however. "Poker players are the last of the gunslingers" ranks behind only "Texas Hold'em is a variation of 7-Card Stud" for my most hated poker soundbite.

I guess Barbara Yoon musta threatened to sue after last year, because there were no stats this time("AA is a big favorite over an open-ended strt flsh draw.."). *Sigh*...

11-07-2001, 01:19 PM
I also wonder where Becky got the money to steam-blast clean the poker room. The dump looked 10K X better on TV than it ever has before, or does in real life.

11-07-2001, 06:21 PM
They mispronounced that poor guy's name about 40 times

11-08-2001, 03:04 AM
I was glad they mispronounced his name. I can't stand that SOB. He is so immature and thinks he is gods gift to poker. When he decides to be less full of himself, quits being a brat, and doesn't say things like "You'd be dumb not to fear me in a no limit tournament" (that was so immature IMO) maybe I'll despise him a little less. Oh yeah, his Card Player articles are nothing more then him saying stuff like "I'm number 1" and all this other self inflating garbage. The guy just has no class.

11-08-2001, 04:54 PM
my bet is that he is willing to put up with name being mispronounced so long that he gets attention!!!

as to his card player articles----I fear that he may break his arm while patting himself on the back!!!