PDA

View Full Version : How does HOH apply to SnG?

07-22-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm very interested in buying the Harrington on Hold'em books because they've been getting fantastic reviews. However, since they are written (or at least marketed) as No Limit tournament books, I'm curiou sas to how applicable they are in general. Are they good for things besides multitable NL tournaments?

Bartman387
07-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I will let others who are more knowledgable elaborate, but I can say without a doubt that improved my SnG play and my poker in general. Since a SnG is just a minature tourney you can apply the same concepts intended for multi-table, but at a faster pace.

asherpuppy
07-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Many of his "problems" involve single table online tourneys. Both books are absolutely must-reads for anyone, regardless of their ability.

Harrington is amazing. I got to stand by his table at the main event this year (near the end of the first round) and I felt like a little kid watching his idol. I only saw him play one hand to a flop in an hour, but it was worth it just to watch.

sirpupnyc
07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Definitely! I haven't read V2 yet (my order seems to have fallen into limbo) but V1 is one of the poker books I've read where the author's not addressing mainly the huge-stakes cash games and monster-buyin tourneys he plays. He gives SNG/ST satellite examples, often with modest or small buyins, and seems to have a handle on the sort of player you're likely to find there.

07-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Beautiful- thanks guys