PDA

View Full Version : Gross? Appropriate?

sfer
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
So I closed the door to my office. Took off my socks and shoes, and cut my toenails behind my desk. Gross? Appropriate for work?

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I closed the door to my office. Took off my socks and shoes, and cut my toenails behind my desk. Gross? Appropriate for work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Behind closed doors is nobody's business. But what prompted you to do this in the middle of the day at work?

TheMainEvent
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you didn't already know the answer to this, then why did you close your door?

ihardlyknowher
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to f*ck my now wife in my office, so this must be alright.

KaneKungFu123
07-22-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on the desk or floor or couch?

jason_t
07-22-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If posting about it on 2+2 is appropriate for work, the act itself must be okay.

PokerBob
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the more apropriate question is "Why the pressing need to do it right then?" It's not like a burst appendix that needs immediate attention. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ihardlyknowher
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on the desk or floor or couch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

samjjones
07-22-2005, 02:54 PM
One of the guys in my regular poker game j.o's in his office regularly.

sfer
07-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Sorry, there's a window next to the door, so someone who walks by and looks in would know what I'm doing.

HDPM
07-22-2005, 03:04 PM
obviously wrong. At least you had shoes and socks to take off, rather than flip flops tho.

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
obviously wrong. At least you had shoes and socks to take off, rather than flip flops tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/1992/brilliant7lb.jpg

turnipmonster
07-22-2005, 03:12 PM
gross, given there's a window.

sfer
07-22-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One would have to infer my actions since I'm behind the desk.

tdarko
07-22-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to f*ck my now wife in my office, so this must be alright

[/ QUOTE ]
you have quickly become my favorite poster.

ihardlyknowher
07-22-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't it also look like you are trying to blow yourself?

IndieMatty
07-22-2005, 03:18 PM
I've only had my office for three months and I've done worse. No issues here.

sfer
07-22-2005, 03:19 PM
No. My head was tilted down but plainly visible.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same situation and I do this about twice a month.

turnipmonster
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
what do you guys do that you get offices? I sort of know what sfer does. you get an office for that sfer? "new york's on board!" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--turnipmonster

sfer
07-22-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you guys do that you get offices? I sort of know what sfer does. you get an office for that sfer? "new york's on board!" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was either give me an office or let everyone complaing about my bare-ass feet.

touchfaith
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
What if someone comes to your office and you need to shake hands? Are running to the can to wash, or doing the quick wipe on the pants?

Or niether?

BottlesOf
07-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Over the line, Smokey....

sfer
07-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Seems like a good time to feign having to make a call.

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if someone comes to your office and you need to shake hands? Are running to the can to wash, or doing the quick wipe on the pants? Or niether?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he? My feet are cleaner than my hands. I shower then dress and put on my socks and shoes. My hands have been touching stuff all day.

IndieMatty
07-22-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just say I have a casting couch.

coffeecrazy1
07-22-2005, 03:33 PM
no...although removing your burst appendix at work would probably not be appropriate either.

That said, I cut my fingernails at work yesterday, and I don't even have a door...just a cube.

touchfaith
07-22-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if someone comes to your office and you need to shake hands? Are running to the can to wash, or doing the quick wipe on the pants? Or niether?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he? My feet are cleaner than my hands. I shower then dress and put on my socks and shoes. My hands have been touching stuff all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you then be getting your feet dirty by manipulating them during the clipping process?

Plus, I'm not buying the feet are cleaner theory. He lives in NY and possibly walks to work in that muggy, sweaty weather...

All the making of a fear factor gross stunt.

PokerBob
07-22-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no...although removing your burst appendix at work would probably not be appropriate either.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you could probably make an argument that is was necessary.

xadrez
07-22-2005, 03:46 PM
This guy I used to work with would regularly take his pizza and/or hero into a stall and "multitask". He didnt care if people saw him do it either. I used to walk in and see people with horrified looks on their faces.

2planka
07-22-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Took off my socks and shoes, and cut my toenails behind my desk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with this. If I'm in my office, behind my desk, chances are my shoes are off. Just the way it is. Chopping yer toenails is no big deal in itself. It must be done over the trash can, though. Bad form to leave toenail clippings all over the place.

B Dids
07-22-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, there's a window next to the door, so someone who walks by and looks in would know what I'm doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross yes, inappropriate I say no.

Your office, your germs, your foot stank, your clippings all over the place, I think that's ok.

Still nasty though, do that stuff at home after the shower, it's easier anyway.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chopping yer toenails is no big deal in itself. It must be done over the trash can, though. Bad form to leave toenail clippings all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like the clippings fall straight down when they are clipped, so I fail to see how this helps. Those suckers can shoot across the room!

BoogerFace
07-22-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad form to leave toenail clippings all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my former coworkers left a desk drawer full of clippings behind. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sfer
07-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah, yesterday I spilled a full cup of coffee all over so the carpet directly under my chair has a big brown spot like I took an explosive dump and it smells vaguely of stale coffee. Does that change anything?

HDPM
07-22-2005, 06:03 PM
also depends on laces or loafers. If he's touched laces refer to the Paulie Walnuts theory/diatribe on shoelace cleanliness.

PocketJokers72
07-22-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you guys do that you get offices?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its good to be the king...

spamuell
07-22-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He lives in NY and possibly walks to work in that muggy, sweaty weather...

[/ QUOTE ]

barefoot, of course, as is the NY tradition.