PDA

View Full Version : Steal attempt hits top 2.

kongo_totte
07-22-2005, 02:37 PM
I have no read on villian in the BB who covers. Hero is button w/ J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif and $49.

Party NL50 full ring.

Pre-flop

Folded to hero who makes it $2, BB calls.

Flop ($4) T /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)

BB checks, hero bets $3:50, BB makes it $8, hero calls.

Turn ($19) 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)

BB bets $10, hero calls

River ($40) 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)

BB bets $10, hero calls.

I am a passive sucker

kingofswing
07-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't really have a problem with how you played it, but you are giving the BB a lot of credit. What hands worry you? AQ/TT are about the only ones I can think of that has you beat here. Are you really sure that because he raised that's what he had? After turn bet is only $10 and river is only $10, there's no way he has either of those. He definitely would try to extract more than that, and TT would raise more to keep a A/Q from falling and then having to give in to a naked Q/A. I think you are good here, and you may not know it until the river.

By the way, obviously he could have JJ or KK, but that'd be highly unlikely. KK would reraise preflop.

I think a lot of the time here you see AK or KQ. Raise river a small amount as you are mostly likely good and need to get some value here. But calling is a close second as AK probably won't call that big a raise, and a very passive AQ/TT might be lurking and push. I like river raise to $25 ($15 raise).

DrPublo
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
I really don't like your river call. Villain played the hand like a pair+draw, so I expect to see KQ, JQ to TQ. The half pot bet on the turn indicates that he wants to keep the pressure on you but doesn't exactly like his hand (yet). Most likely hand I think is JQ. When the river comes off as a 9, you're beat.

Push the turn.

The Doc

ajmargarine
07-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Once you call the c/r on the flop, I think calling him down is perfectly reasonable for these bet amounts, although that river 9 sucks. If he is semi-bluffing with a Q in hand, he priced himself out of the pot on the turn, so a call is fine, IMO.

I suppose you could have dusted off your minraise in an answer to his flop c/r. Let's a potential restealing villian know you weren't on a total steal continuation bet.

kongo_totte
07-22-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like your river call. Villain played the hand like a pair+draw, so I expect to see KQ, JQ to TQ. The half pot bet on the turn indicates that he wants to keep the pressure on you but doesn't exactly like his hand (yet). Most likely hand I think is JQ. When the river comes off as a 9, you're beat.

Push the turn.

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not folding the river getting 1:5.

BigF
07-22-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Push the turn.

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with your analysis. But I would have to call that river bet. Odds are too good.

ryanghall
07-22-2005, 05:11 PM
On this hand, ask yourself.. will I call an all-in? I am assuming the answer is yes. If it is, I would raise the turn all in - don't let him get off cheaply if he likes his hand.

Also, minor point but I'd bet the full pot on the flop.. there are a lot of scare cards that can come down.

kongo_totte
07-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Villian showed QQ and MHING. I like the idea of pushing the turn very much.

ajmargarine
07-22-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On this hand, ask yourself.. will I call an all-in? I am assuming the answer is yes. If it is, I would raise the turn all in - don't let him get off cheaply if he likes his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmm. You know what.....I think Ryan is right here. I back off what I said earlier in this thread. But, if this is the route you are thinking of taking, wouldn't it be better to reraise villian on the flop???