PDA

View Full Version : Folding Two Pair

mustardo
07-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Easy, don't normally post at these stakes but think blinds just sneak in and play is of a much better standard than on internet so was hoping higher stakes guys might be able to help more.

£1/£2 blinds (about $2/4) 7 handed NL, I have approx £400 villain has about £175.

I'm in the cutoff with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, three limpers, I limp, SB completes BB checks. Flop come

A 4 3 with two clubs.

Checked to me I bet £8, SB folds, BB calls, everybody else folds.

The turn is an off suit 10.

He checks ,I bet £15, he raises pretty quickly to £40, my move?

The villain is averagely solid and I pin him for a really strong hand, atleast two pair, he would make this play with a set, two pair or the straight. Could occasionally be bluffing but with so many player left to act when he called on the flop didn't put him on one this time.

The main reason for the post though is knowing how this guy plays and that he's probably not going to call with the flush draw without the proper odds and three players left to act behind him on the flop, should I have therefore checked the turn in an attempt to see a cheap river? Or did I play it right and am just second guessing myself cos this time he raised?

Ta for thoughts Mussy