PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 NL deep stacks, troublesome hand(for me)

Swede
07-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately no HH but here it is anyway:

Important stacks and info(8-handed):

Hero($1700) posts BB $4(been at this table for 30 mins and played no more that a few hands, guess they think of me as a true TAG)
EP($900) somewhat loose, will call with almost any two PF
LP($3200) tightish, playing very few hands and seems ABC(found out later his stack came from being all in holding JJ v 88 on a 28J flop winning a $2K pot)
Button($~600) no real read but seems ok(LAG)

EP calls, LP calls, button raises to $16(pretty much standard for tbl), Hero calls with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Everyone calls

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif(4 players, pot $66)

Hero checks, EP checks, LP bets $55, button calls, hero calls, EP folds.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif(3 players, pot $231)

Hero bets $175, LP calls, button calls

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif(3 players, pot $987)

Hero bets $600, LP raises to $1600, button calls all-in, hero thinks for a looooooong time and folds.

What do you guys think? I wasn't sure about my action on any street so all comments are appreciated. Is the $600 river bet a sign of weakness maybe?

Thanks, John

AceHiStation
07-22-2005, 01:36 PM
After giving this hand a bit of thought, I came up with the conclusion that button held QQ and possibly KK and decided to play it very slow. I think check/fold is fairly easy by the river as you're not even beating AA. Either way I'm expecting to see at least a set but I think that 8 on the river even though it looks like a bad card, just gave you an easy way out of this hand. I'm wondering if we're going to see a set-over-set turned boat-over-boat.

radioheadfan
07-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I'd make it about $250-$300 straight on the flop and take it from there if you get any action. You really don't wanna let free cards off for JT or AK/AQ.

If the $250-$300 got called on the flop I'd fire about $500 on the turn if a non A or 9 hit. If that gets called on the turn when a brick hits, I'm pretty much done with the hand unless the villian is out of line / tilting / or is a donkey.