PDA

View Full Version : So I saw The Go! Team last night in concert...

private joker
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
... and it was sensational. Holy crap. I mean Jesus. Wow.

To think that Ian Parton did the entire album in his basement with a sampler and a 4-track, but took 5 awesome musicians to come in and recreate the sound on stage like that -- wow.

Ninja was an outstanding frontwoman. She gets up there and just dances and runs and shouts and works the crowd. She's 23, black, and absolutely owns -- she shakes her junk trunk, turns all the distant cheerleading vocals on the record into one solo rap, and never loses energy.

Ian got to play a lot of the harmonica stuff and it sounded great, and then you've got that little Japanese girl Chi, who plays the drums but then in one song came up front, all 4-feet, 68-pounds-soaking-wet of her, and sang a solo.

German girl Silke was all over the place, doing keyboards, drums, recorder, and even guitar once. The other Brighton lads, Sam and Jamie, roared on guitar and bass.

The band played a couple new strong songs, but the highlight of the show was the 1-2 punch of "The Power Is On" and "Junior Kickstart" about two-thirds of the way through. It was intensity in ten cities. I almost passed out.

Someone on this forum said a few days ago that "they weren't all that hot" live. Whoever this was hates himself and hates music. I'm still sweating and smiling.

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Yeah, they were good at Intonation. Second best set behind The Wrens.

sfer
07-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Dia-DOH!

mike l.
07-22-2005, 03:54 PM
me and little michael davis went to see them in LA and watched about 4 songs before i said let's go this is boring. it was okay but their songs just dont translate all that great live. the black girl singing was good but not great. the sound wsa mixed terribly you couldnt hear the synth or horn sounds at all and the bass was full blast and overwhelming in a bad way. all in all though they are a good band and it will be interesting to see if their next album is anywhere as good as the first.

sfer
07-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I hope "Little Michael Davis" catches on.

private joker
07-22-2005, 08:27 PM
I didn't see you guys there. But maybe that's because you're idiots and left after 4 songs, and I was busy absorbing the awesomeness of that show.

Also, you missed the house-shaking performances of The Power Is On and Junior Kickstart. I am saddened by your ignorance.