PDA

View Full Version : I lost all of it

Morpheus
07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Every hand I had someone hit a set on or two pair or something. I couldn't win. I don't know why.

I lost $200. All the money in my party account.

Screw you guys. Selfish bastards.

07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
If you are playing small stakes, wait till you have trips or better. Trying to win with just top pair is literally giving your money away in small stakes.

djoyce003
07-22-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every hand I had someone hit a set on or two pair or something. I couldn't win. I don't know why.

I lost $200. All the money in my party account.

Screw you guys. Selfish bastards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thrive on misery. In the jungle, misery is all you have.

kyro
07-22-2005, 01:04 PM
This is awesome advice, especially against players who call down with any pair hoping to trip/two pair up. Brilliant.

Morpheus
07-22-2005, 01:09 PM
I raise with AA and everyone folds even when I'm raising like 25 % of my hands. WTF.

Or if I do get callers with AA, someone hits two pair Q 9 or some crap on me.

I lost $50 on this hand just now.

Q K
I raised $2 preflop. 2 callers

Flop: 3 X Q

checked to me in late position. I bet $6 (pot size). I get raised to $15. I'm like no way this guy hit something. I mean jesus christ. I raise to $25. He raises all-in. I call and he shows 33 for the set.

jkkkk
07-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I could not see this coming.

djoyce003
07-22-2005, 01:12 PM
what is your party id?

Nathan183
07-22-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise with AA and everyone folds even when I'm raising like 25 % of my hands. WTF.

Or if I do get callers with AA, someone hits two pair Q 9 or some crap on me.

I lost $50 on this hand just now.

Q K
I raised $2 preflop. 2 callers

Flop: 3 X Q

checked to me in late position. I bet $6 (pot size). I get raised to $15. I'm like no way this guy hit something. I mean jesus christ. I raise to $25. He raises all-in. I call and he shows 33 for the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke right?

vulturesrow
07-22-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call and he shows 33 for the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACtually a hand with 3 of a kind and a pair is known as a full house.

thebluepill
07-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Maybe you can get your old McDonalds job back, you'd be making money and get free/discounted food! I'm sure you can live on minimum wage, I mean really how much can your mom charge you to live in the basement? Ask for a discount if you still have to clean your dad crap off the toilet every day

TheIrishThug
07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
top pair is not the nuts. maybe if a guy check raises u, u might want to think about that. also, KQ is not an amazing hand. if u had just been against the 33 u would have been likr 45% to win.

calm down and take ur pills.

Morpheus
07-22-2005, 01:33 PM
What old McDonald's job ? I've never worked at McD's retard.

Where do you live ? Seriously dude, you are approaching the line if not crossing it.

I would like to know where this man lives.......

Morpheus
07-22-2005, 01:36 PM
HOw many times a day do you suck your own dick, bluepill ?

I lost all my money and now you are kicking me while I'm down.

Seriously dude, you are coward. Tell me your real name, big man.

I'll fight you.

I'll fight you with my bare knuckles and that's a promise. If you live close to me , I will fight you whenever you want. I don't care if I lose.

tripdad
07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
you are giving up a boatload of money if you are waiting for trips or better in a small stakes game. those guys call with 2nd pair or worse all the time.

cheers!

Supern
07-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Too bad man.
Hope you do better next time.

Hoopster81
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not, Mr. KQo

07-22-2005, 01:45 PM
NO- he just gave a boatload of money on top pair. He should wait till he has trips or a "real" draw (one that has both straight and flush opportunity after the flop) and then start raising to high heaven. If you are constantly getting beat by two pair or better, why keep trying to win with top pair? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

kingofswing
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll fight you.

I'll fight you with my bare knuckles and that's a promise. If you live close to me , I will fight you whenever you want. I don't care if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary ready for ya." Please tell me someone can appreciate that.

Morpheus
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
I did.

I had AJ on the

A J 5 board

and lost to 55.

amoeba
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
This is why we need a mod.

Close this crap please.

Brad F.
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did.

I had AJ on the

A J 5 board

and lost to 55.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright Morpheus, I am mostly a poster in the MTT department, but I happen to be looking over here today because I suck at cash games normally.

Yesterday, I had KK and lost 25 bucks to AA. You know what I did? I rebought.

Party poker is not a good sight to be playing if you want to build a bankroll. It's ridiculous to be playing at 10-25 dollar buy in tables when all you have is 100.

Variance is such a biggie in poker friend. Name the best player in the world and he will tell you that he would EASILY lose 100 bucks on party just like that.

Top two pair loses to 55 all the time. It happens. On party Tow two pair also takes out lots of donks. You just got the raw end of that deal.

However, can you not see how your posts come off as whine fests? You put a poll up and ask others to vote on that AJ vs 55 hand. Why? You post it as if you are complaining about a bad beat. If you really want discussion please generalize the question more, making it relate to game theory.

I have read like 15 of your posts today and you seem like you are down and frustrated and not handling yourself very well. You lost your roll for the day. It happens to all of us. We don't want to hear about it. Just like we don't like to read about bad beats unless they relate to poker theory.

Your posts need more depth, more insight, and less selfishness in order to be taken seriously. Every one of your posts are "Console me! Please!". That's all they come off as.

I'm not being mean, just letting you know without sarcasm how we all feel reading your posts. Please think about this and stop looking for pity and start really evaluating each hand you played and move on. I have had to redeposit so much it hurts but I keep learning and moving on with my life. Losing 100 every once and a while doesn't jolt me because I'm learning the game, and being responsible with my money.

Keep all of this in mind when desiring to play again. I suggest to go play at absolute poker for a while and play lower limits. Or stars. Something that your roll can handle.

I hope this helps.

Brad

thebluepill
07-22-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What old McDonald's job ? I've never worked at McD's retard.

Where do you live ? Seriously dude, you are approaching the line if not crossing it.

I would like to know where this man lives.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when you were still theredpillX someone posted that you post under the almost same name at another poker forum, internettexasholdem, and since you are so entertaining here we went there and checked you out for more gems like:

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/~internet/phpbb2/i-need-to-buy-a-brand-new-tv-vt19423.html?highlight=mcdonalds

I can't believe you've never been banned there like you have been here numerous times (I feel that IP ban coming soon the petitions got lots of people signing), they must be much nicer than we are.

Whenever you're coming to Vegas let me know and I'll just meet you at the airport and drop you and you can then get right back on the plane and go home. Let me know what flight and I'll just look for the fat guy in sweatpants eating McDonalds.

Wacken
07-22-2005, 02:57 PM
NO

JFB37
07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm ignoring the op and focusing on the responses. When I read this:

[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing small stakes, wait till you have trips or better. Trying to win with just top pair is literally giving your money away in small stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured it had to be an attempt at sarcasm. But then I read this:

[ QUOTE ]
NO- he just gave a boatload of money on top pair. He should wait till he has trips or a "real" draw (one that has both straight and flush opportunity after the flop) and then start raising to high heaven. If you are constantly getting beat by two pair or better, why keep trying to win with top pair? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems alphaniles is serious.

Respectfully, this is hideous advice. It is super weak tight and is an overall loser. You have to learn to pick up pots with less than the nuts to make a profit at poker.

Voltron87
07-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Don't tell me you didn't change your pattern mapper to base 11 of pi during their last update. geez, no wonder you lost everything.

jjb108
07-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Don't you have to set the pattern mapper to two decimal places??

Voltron87
07-22-2005, 05:16 PM
depends. is this 6 max or full ring? the decimal point factor depends on many other things, site, limit, etc.

stu-unger
07-22-2005, 05:26 PM
i have a question does morpheus=theredpill or does thebluepill=theredpill or am i just confused again?

poboy
07-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Come play at Stars, these kinds of things never happen there. Once you have your account set up PM me with your screen name and I'll come to your table and help you.