PDA

View Full Version : terraserver satellite photos

Glenn
02-27-2003, 04:15 AM
This is probably old news to a lot of you, but www.terraserver.microsoft.com (http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com) is a very cool website that you should check out. They have satellite photos of the entire US with resolution up to 1 pixel/meter or something, so you can see your house, etc... I don't know how useful it is but it is kind of neat. And I was able to print out photos of a stream near me that I can use as maps when fishing season opens /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

Glenn
02-27-2003, 04:51 AM
I think i'm becomming obsolete...arial color photos were available on Mapquest from globexplorer.com. I don't know if they have the same coverage though.

Ray Zee
02-27-2003, 10:48 AM
ive been using that site since it came out except for when they tried charging to use it for awhile. now mostly if i want a picture from the air i get in my plane and do it from 300 feet above.
also the forest service has most ariel plats available in hard copy.

ChipWrecked
02-27-2003, 07:58 PM
This site was created to show off the power of the database software SQL 7. MS originally wanted to store all of the Library of Congress digital files, but decided the resulting database wouldn't be large enough! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif