PDA

View Full Version : top pair with nut flush draw on flop

Huskiez
07-22-2005, 12:39 PM
I am new to Omaha and am trying to develop a game in addition to Hold em. Wanted to know if I played this correctly or not.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($102.20)
UTG ($23)
MP ($54.85)
CO ($90.15)
Hero ($100.30)
SB ($52.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $3, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2, MP calls $2.

Flop: ($18) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $17.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $68.4</font>...

Is it ok to call this preflop? Also, on the flop, should I be raising or just calling to get more players to join in? I figured there's a chance PFR had AA and couldn't stand the heat, and if he went with it, I'm in good shape to outdraw him.

joewatch
07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Preflop - fine. Good str8 and flush possibilities with the best position.

Flop - I do like raising here, but not a full-pot raise. A full pot raise pot-commits and have to call a reraise by QQxx as a big dog.

Huskiez
07-23-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop - I do like raising here, but not a full-pot raise. A full pot raise pot-commits and have to call a reraise by QQxx as a big dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you be able to raise and then get rid of the hand facing a reraise when getting around 2-3:1?

BlueBear
07-23-2005, 04:56 AM
Preflop call OK.

Postflop, I much prefer a call here, it's not the AA that I'm scared off but I am not getting a good two pair or set to fold here, it's also better not to scare the weak draws. Lastly, after the CO bets, there are many players left to act, and if someone is going to make a raise, perhaps you can extract more value from your hand by letting someone else drive the action.

joewatch
07-23-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you be able to raise and then get rid of the hand facing a reraise when getting around 2-3:1?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am getting 3:1, then no, I am all-in. If I am getting 2:1, then I would fold.

Huskiez
07-23-2005, 12:52 PM
In hindsight I think a call is better for the reasons BlueBear mentioned. Weaker draws might come along and then my flush will dominate them or if I catch two pair or trips, I'll be in good shape as well.

Anyway everyone folded around to PFR who pushed with KJ99. Turn came an A, river a blank, and he won the pot.