PDA

View Full Version : Huge flop- how to maximize?

wayabvpar
07-22-2005, 12:25 PM
$4/8 loose-y goose-y B & M game last night. My table image is very tight, and probably a bit passive (haven't seen ANY cards yet).

Hero is UTG with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and limps. 1 fold, UTG+2 (a semi-LAG type with decent postflop skills) raises. 1 cold caller, the rest fold to the small blind who calls. LAGtastic big blind makes it 3 bets (he had raised UTG with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif the hand before). Hero grimaces and calls, everyone else calls, and 5 see the flop for 3 bets.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

SB checks, BB checks, Hero-?

Is betting out here best? Check raising? Check-calling the flop and check-raise the turn if no scare cards hit?

hicherbie
07-22-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$4/8 loose-y goose-y B & M game last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm? go nuts? i like just betting and raising while people are available to give you money.

sets will hit this flop hard, let them. take it while youre a huge fav.

SeaEagle
07-22-2005, 12:35 PM
It's already a big pot and, really, it's not that big of a flop. You have to be scared of a diamond and any pairing card, and a Q or J may cause you to chop.

Often with 5 people and a big pot you want to check/raise and try to eliminate some of longshot draws. But in this case, the PF 3-bettor already checked and you're in danger of a whiff. And even if you do get to c/r, you won't be able to face more than 1 player with 2 bets.

Bet out. Hope that BB made a set and is going to give you a chance to 3-bet.

VBM
07-22-2005, 12:38 PM
bets/3-bets.

anybody with any piece of this, any big /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is coming along.

callmedonnie
07-22-2005, 12:42 PM
with a raiser and reraiser this flop is bound to have hit them somehow. even bb has k5 again, he's so bad he'll probably put in bets. i bet, hoping that two-bettor raises. if it goes round for two bets, i call and wait to start raising on the turn.

By the way, your monster hand can easily be counterfeited here. So pray the diamond doesn't come on turn (or river for that matter) and hope to either bet/3-bet, or c/r turn.

krimson
07-22-2005, 12:59 PM
With the pre-flop raiser on your immediate left, i would check/raise off him to try and build a massive pot on the flop. Hope lagtastic re-raises so you can 3-bet and get the field in for 3 (in these loose games people seem to call anything once they've put that first bet in).

If this works, you have a massive pot and nobody is going anywhere, hope and pray the turn and river are kind.

jordanx
07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Based on your table image I'd check here and hope to check raise or hope it comes back to me 3-bet. (Unless your playing at PJ Pockets, then I'd bet out /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

SeaEagle
07-22-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the pre-flop raiser on your immediate left, i would check/raise off him to try and build a massive pot on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you worried that PF raiser might not bet since PF 3-bettor checked?
Also, does a whiff worry you?

crunchy1
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how to maximize?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bet. Raise. Repeat.

BigEndian
07-22-2005, 01:46 PM
You have to bet here. Alternatively, you could check with the intent of calling on the flop and jamming on the turn, but if the flop is checked through it will suck ass.

Edit: misread the action.

- Jim

jstewsmole
07-22-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Based on your table image

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the kinda game i think it is, worrying about table image is moot. MOst of em are not paying attention.

Bet out.
Unless the BB is a wuss hes probably going for a c/r himself not to mention the original pf raiser might raise u.

This is one of those boards that people cant get away from, especially with 15 sb in the pot already.

If u give a free card to a diamond or a gutshot that catches on the turn u might as well just bend over.

callydrias
07-22-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how to maximize?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bet. Raise. Repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Every street. If the board pairs or a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hits, re-evaulate.

wayabvpar
07-22-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Based on your table image I'd check here and hope to check raise or hope it comes back to me 3-bet. (Unless your playing at PJ Pockets, then I'd bet out /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh- Diamond Lil's, actually.

I checked- UTG+2 bet, 2 callers. I raised, everyone but UTG+2 and BB folded. As he called, UTG+2 gave me a look and said "QJ?"

Turn- 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, 2 callers.

River- 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bet, 2 callers, and I take down a nice pot.

I thought it was worth discussing- when I check-raised the flop, I was hoping to drive out any crappy 1 card diamond draws at least. After the hand, I wished I would have bet out and let UTG raise, so I could 3 bet it (or cap if BB got cute).

Thanks for replies, folks. I appreciate the feedback.

smokingrobot
07-22-2005, 10:52 PM
With that kind of action pre flop, a bet is bound to see a raise, unless everyone is super passive, but you mentioned at least one LAG there.

By check raising the flop, you are bound to bet out on the turn as well as becoming the "action" man.. meaning, if you attempt to check through the turn, everyone grabs a free card, or if you bet the turn, everyone just calls.

J. Sawyer
07-22-2005, 10:59 PM
You got two LAgs in there to help.. just go crazy.

TomBrooks
07-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Bet because the preflop 3bettor on your right already checked. Hopefully, the pf raiser on your left will raise again, hopefully chasing away 1 diamond holders.