PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 NL...Overbet?

AggieAce
07-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Here's my key hand from last night. What's you're thinking here? No reads on the table, just sat. First hand I've entered the pot...

I've got $550, Villan has me covered
I'm in MP, dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif,Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif folded to me
I make it $35, Villan behind me calls, everyone else folds...

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet out $35, Villan raises to $400, Hero...

Anyone? I bet $35 on the flop because I don't want to lose AJ or KQ. Comments and advise welcome.

jrforman
07-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Stick you whole stack in there....nh

FatalError
07-22-2005, 12:20 PM
move in he has a big draw

Falker11
07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've got $550, Villan has me covered

[/ QUOTE ]

Why only 50BB?

I would call though I wouldnt be terribly surprised to be shown three nines in this spot. There are a plethora of other hands that push here, all of which u beat (assuming he would RR AA and QQ pf) so i think you should call

Falker

Leptyne
07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
All information is important. Where are you in MP and where is Villain? there is a difference if you're MP1, he's MP2, with 5 players left to act, or folded to him in BB, (who has position?). I run my PT for a min. of 30 min. before I play. Plus, I play the same game every day and have notes on all of the regulars and most of the part-time frequent visitors. All notes include as a min. the basic GT+ stats. I've never entered a game with "no reads on the table".

If I'm villain and you are a stranger that is in for his first hand with a short stack buy-in I may make this kind of move on you with some type of hand like JJ, or with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif; J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif; K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, or AK. Or I may do it with a whiff. Short stacks are often more interested in saving their money until they flop the nuts. You made a PFR that was less than stellar, and your CB is so weak it begs for a raise. Why would you give a a flush draw odds to call?

Since the only hand you fear is a set of 9's I'd have to call and tell Shania he fell into your well disguised trap. Excellent trap play. Install call and raise with your slight remainder.

Also, if your a Texas A&M Aggie, send me a PM please.

technologic
07-22-2005, 01:19 PM
i just got top two pair on the flop, and i want to keep him in the hand. against your average player, i'd set a bear trap, hardly bet at all...

SmileyEH
07-22-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just got top two pair on the flop, and i want to keep him in the hand. against your average player, i'd set a bear trap, hardly bet at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

-SmileyEH

Ricardido
07-22-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao Matt Damon always did make sense

AggieAce
07-22-2005, 01:55 PM
lol...I re-raised all-in and he called. Fully expecting to see alot of nines, he turns over 44 and I take it.

aggie
07-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Go AGGIES!

Sal Allegra
07-22-2005, 02:16 PM
That is not an OVERBET. You made it 3.5x's the BB, that is a good bet. Anything between 3-4 x's BB is standard, and as far as the flop goes....well let's analyze it.

Villains breakdown:

Stone Cold Bluff %: at least 10% ( maybe more...think about it why would he bet so much, especially, if He had a monster, He wouldn't want to blast you out of the pot if you were on a continuation/semi-bluff)

Top Set, Middle Set %: maybe 15%, You have an A, and a Q tied up which makes it less likely.

split 2 pair %: A9, Maybe 15%, it would be a loose call, but since he had position and you have no idea who or what he's cabable of, you can't rule it out.

Set of 9's %: 15% A cold call with 99 seems reasonable as not everyone will re-raise with that hand on the button, although I would to knock out the blinds.

Flush Draw: 20%..This makes sense because with a hand like a flush draw he would want you to fold, it's still a mistake for him to bet this much, but that is consistant with flush draw nature.

Top Pair Worse Kicker than you: 25% This is the most likely group:...

so 65% of your decisions are favorable for you and the pot is 1:1, YOU CALL

Sandstone
07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is not an OVERBET. You made it 3.5x's the BB, that is a good bet. Anything between 3-4 x's BB is standard, and as far as the flop goes....well let's analyze it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't do so hot on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT, did you?

thabadguy
07-22-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't do so hot on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT, did you?

[/ QUOTE ]
vnh.

AggieAce
07-22-2005, 03:48 PM
How about this, I had a simular situation in a $11R on Stars yesterday. Hit top pair on the flop, bet it, someone raises all in on me, I call and he shows no pair no draw. If He did hit a set or something, I would think a raise to $120 or so would be appropirate. I felt like this was an obvious overbet, and if it wasn't, I had some outs left.

kagame
07-22-2005, 04:59 PM
rebuys are craz as hell