PDA

View Full Version : Skiing vs Snowboarding

Jazza
07-22-2005, 12:14 PM
i was just skiing the past few days, and it seems that 95% of people within 10 years of my age snowboard (i'm 23), is skiing just not cool?

i first learnt to ski, then tried snowbaording, they each have it's pros and cons but the fact that catching an edge while snowboarding hurts way more than falling down skiing makes me prefer skiing, am i missing something else here?

MrTrik
07-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Well who says I have a clue, but ... snowboarding is like skateboarding and surfing, it is seen as a lifestyle and attitude as much as an outdoor activity, especially by the younger crowd. Skiing is simply outdoor activity or a sport if you compete. I don't think it matters to most, do what you like to do unless you are 18 and have to figure out how to up your cool quotient to get laid, score weed, compensate for a small dick, or get accepted by a bunch of other kids.

SmileyEH
07-22-2005, 12:36 PM
I rarely downhill anything, but I cross country skied a lot when I was a kid so that's what I stick to. It's also a lot easier to do jumps and tricks without much skill on skis in my opinion.

-SmileyEH