PDA

View Full Version : Party 11s - Minimum OPENING hands at levels 3/4

morgan180
07-22-2005, 12:12 PM
I have found myself lately in the situation of sitting at a table in level 3 or 4 in MP with hands such as AJo A9s where it is folded around to me. Usually there are two people behind me plus the blinds yet to act. I have been mucking these religiously early, but I am wondering if I am passing up opportunities by not opening the pot with hands such as these.

What are your guys minimum opening requirements at a fairly tight table at level 3/4 from MP?

The Don
07-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Depends on position. I loosen up a TON if I am on the button or CO.

mlagoo
07-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I would raise with both of the aforementioned hands in LMP or LP in levels 3/4. You need those blinds. Just be aware of your table image.. you can't raise every single orbit from these positions or you'll start getting played back at, and these types of hands can't really stand being played back at from an equal sized stack (see my other thread on the topic =( ).

I guess my minimum opening (and I pretty much always open raise here, dont really limp) hands would be something like, assuming a table of 6-7 players at this level, and assuming a chip stack at around 15xBB or higher, would be something like this:

EP: AA-77, AK-AQ, AJs, KQs
MP: AA-66, AK-AJ, ATs-A9s, KQ, KJs
LP: AA-22, AK-A8, Axs, KQ-KT, K9s, QJs-QTs... maybe more hands if the blinds are playing pretty tight. In fact, definitely more hands if the blinds are playing tight.

I dunno, that's an off the top of the head chart.