PDA

View Full Version : StatKing Database Storage Question

11-07-2001, 05:17 AM
I use StatKing for my poker records and am happy with it. But I have one question/problem concerning data backup.

Recently I have upgraded to Windows XP and learned the hard way that not all data storage is under My Documents where I can easily back it up to my ZIP disk. Things like Outlook Express mail folders and address books, IE 5.5 "favorites" and other data are stored in special spots in the Windows System directory or under their own program folder. This can be changed but the method is not always easy to find.

StatKing stores its .dba files in a folder under its program folder. Is there any way to change this so it stores under My Documents to simplify backup to my Zip disk with my other non music/mp3 files?

If not note that the folder containing the StatKing executable files and my current database are under 1 meg. Is it possible to move the whole folder to My Documents and create a desktop shortcut to it or will moving it there cause a registry/system problem.

Regards,

Rick

11-07-2001, 10:42 PM
I will ask Todd to answer this one. However, I am pretty sure

you can put the database file anywhere and just open it from

StatKing's menu. StatKing will remember where you put it after you open it.

Chuck

11-08-2001, 03:03 AM
Chuck,

I thought I tried that in Windows 98 but it didn't work properly or I screwed it up and gave up on it. This works fine in Windows XP.

Thanks for the help.

Rick