PDA

View Full Version : Commerce 9/18: K8s

jason_t
07-22-2005, 09:54 AM
One more from tonight. I don't have a read on SB and MP2 is LPP and tilting. CO is thirddan and he posted a blind in the CO.

Preflop: I post in MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#cc3333">MP2 raises</font>, I call, thirddan calls, <font color="#cc3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 caps</font>, I call, thirddan calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000ff">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 bets</font>, I call, thirddan calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000ff">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 bets</font>, I....

BigEndian
07-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Yuck. I think pre-flop is not the way I would have played it. I would have 3-bet myself if I wanted to take part in the action or fold if I don't think I'm getting it head's up or I feel like K-high doesn't have showdown potential.

I don't like having an aggressive and a PF unknown 3-bettor behind me in the action on the turn, but I call here holding my nose.

- Jim

J. Sawyer
07-22-2005, 10:11 AM
If theres another king out there this is an easy fold

Entity
07-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I *really* think you need to 3-bet preflop if you're going to play. The turn here is pretty close, but I think it might be a fold.

Rob

meep_42
07-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm folding to the cap pf.
Is that terrible?

-d

BWebb
07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Preflop-I'd fold when it's two more back to me.
Flop-Fold. You have a backdoor flush draw (1 out), a backdoor straight draw (.75 outs because there's a good chance you don't have the only king) and an overcard (.75 out, same reason). You are looking at breakeven odds at best. Add in the chance you get raised with two players yet to act, this is an easy fold.
Turn-Fold.

belloc
07-22-2005, 11:01 AM
The only place in this hand where I think it might be right to continue is the turn, but there you still have action behind you which could really blow up your gutshot. Your K overcard can't be worth much.

The PF call would seem okay with no read on MP2, but if he's loose &amp; tilting, I might want to isolate him. Or since he's passive preflop, his raise indicates a real hand, and I might just give up my post here and fold. Either way, just calling seems to be the third best choice.

Are you just calling because you hope there will be lots of coldcallers behind you to make flopping a flush draw worthwhile? You have one high card, and no possibility for a straight. Either way, I don't think I'm going to just call, then call two more when it's back to me.

shant
07-22-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm folding to the cap pf.
Is that terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

BigEndian
07-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I was thinking about this hand more during a meeting (work, pffft). I think you need to raise this flop if you're going to continue i nthe hand there. You need to do what you can to clean up your king outs and you have a couple runner-runner draws.

And along those lines, I think the way it played out you need to fold the turn. It's very likely that your K outs are not clean which also means that your gutshot outs are likely to a chop - with action behind you, fold.

- Jim

stillbr
07-22-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One more from tonight. I don't have a read on SB and MP2 is LPP and tilting. CO is thirddan and he posted a blind in the CO.

Preflop: I post in MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#cc3333">MP2 raises</font>, I call, thirddan calls, <font color="#cc3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 caps</font>, I call, thirddan calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000ff">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 bets</font>, I call, thirddan calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000ff">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">MP2 bets</font>, I....

[/ QUOTE ]

easy fold preflop. what is your reason for calling here? If your set on playing it then you atleast need to 3-bet it.

SippinSoma
07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
I fold this turn. I think it's a call if its closer to 15:1.

chesspain
07-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Is the flop really an auto-call, especially since the SB may well have either AK or an overpair he is going to checkraise?

private joker
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the flop really an auto-call, especially since the SB may well have either AK or an overpair he is going to checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably folding this flop, too. Calling the cap PF is really just hoping to flop 2+ diamonds, much like calling with a small pair is hoping to flop a set. I don't think a pair of Ks with an 8 kicker will do us much good on this board.

And happy birthday, Chess.

Michael Davis
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
You really can't play this hand here even though it looks pretty.

-Michael

PokerBob
07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
J, if you think the pfr is tilting, why not 3-bet and get him HU with some dead money from the blinds/posts in there?