PDA

View Full Version : Question about Poker Room's SNGs

wpr101
07-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Hi, I was wondering about Poker Room's SNGs and how similar they are to Party Poker. You start with 1500 chips and the blinds go: 10/20, 15/30, 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200, 150/300, 200/400 etc. I think blinds go up based on time; I'm not sure. Does anyone know? This structrue seems a lot slower than Party Poker. How should I adapt my game because of this? I'm also considering about switching over to Party Poker.

Wes ManTooth
07-22-2005, 09:58 AM
They definately take longer, on average it takes about 10-20 minutes more. Pokerrooms sngs structure is like to Ultimate, Absolute and Stars.

Bluff Daddy
07-22-2005, 10:00 AM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif where do you play now?

Phill S
07-22-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I was wondering about Poker Room's SNGs and how similar they are to Party Poker. You start with 1500 chips and the blinds go: 10/20, 15/30, 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200, 150/300, 200/400 etc. I think blinds go up based on time; I'm not sure. Does anyone know? This structrue seems a lot slower than Party Poker. How should I adapt my game because of this? I'm also considering about switching over to Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its slower than party, that part is true, but its faster than stars (maybe the turbo stars games are the same).

Blinds go up every 10 hands just like party, but because you have more chips the incremental change is less than that at party (think of it in % terms relative to no of chips at table). Btw, you can get the big chat window to show just blind changes and hand no's (along with who won the hand) and count the hands back to work out the change. Its very clunky and is my biggest pet peeve of the site - i dont bother tracking the blinds anymore unless im very short.

The similarity isnt too apparent early game, there is a lot more room to manoveur, however when the blinds get past the 200/400 level (often less) its very push/fold like party is.

Basicly you need to know how to play short stack like at party, but you need to know a fair amount of post flop too (a touch more than you do at the 1000 chip party games).

I like em, but may change in future to maximise hourly earnings, but as a starting block to SnGs i dont think there is anywhere better (the site has been the most profitable for me by a long margin, its where ill start when i build my next bankroll in late september).

The only downside is the number of players are quite small, so you wont get the big games going round the clock (though they do run, its not as regular as party or stars for example).

If you want a piece of advice, try all the major sites over the next few months and see where your heart takes you - party is lorded on this forum as the best, but i know a lot of people who hate the games there.

Phill