PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Bomber Shot in London

daveymck
07-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Poilice have just shot s suspected Suicide bomber on the tube.

Yesterdays form the eyewitness stuff were definatley really trying to blow themselves up as appose to copycat bomb. All 4 got away though.

oneeye13
07-22-2005, 05:57 AM
good

Lalit Khajuria
07-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Yes, this is getting very sick.

partygirluk
07-22-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yesterdays form the eyewitness stuff were definatley really trying to blow themselves up as appose to copycat bomb. All 4 got away though.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

Good that he got shot - but there has to be a high chance there are other bombings planned. Hope they catch those scum too.

diebitter
07-22-2005, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good that he got shot - but there has to be a high chance there are other bombings planned. Hope they catch those scum too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently they got him down, then shot him.

vnh

fimbulwinter
07-22-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else take pause at the thought of shooting a suicide bomber?

fim

Lalit Khajuria
07-22-2005, 06:13 AM
I was wondering that also. They must have been pretty damn sure he was highly dangerous, im not sure about the UK laws, but im my home country police would get in big problems of shooting a man who is already on ground.

partygirluk
07-22-2005, 06:13 AM
Mosque surrounded by armed police in East London.

daveymck
07-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Talking about a potential bomb in a mosque now sounds like potential revenge attack had threats over the last few weeks.

partygirluk
07-22-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently they got him down, then shot him.

vnh

[/ QUOTE ]

They wouldn't shoot him unless they felt he was, at that time, a threat.

POKhER
07-22-2005, 06:18 AM
5 shots in his back whilst pinned to the floor, Now thats what i call justice.

And there not getting anywhere by doing this, London runs as normal interms of attitudes... Theres very little fear, Most people are getting on with their lives.

I'm definatly not worried about these guys, Although im a strong believer in Fate.

We need to get these preachers who dont condem terror attacks out of our country before they brain wash any more people....

Hate them, Scum.

daveymck
07-22-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering that also. They must have been pretty damn sure he was highly dangerous, im not sure about the UK laws, but im my home country police would get in big problems of shooting a man who is already on ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably one of the first times that the police have done this in the UK chased down and shot somoene multiple times, oure police are not as a rule armed.

diebitter
07-22-2005, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we're all cracked up about his rights.

But, boy, the lefties and liberals are gonna go mental over this one.

partygirluk
07-22-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leaving aside the dead man's rights, best not to kill him as he could be a valuable source of information.

POKhER
07-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Don't think this goes through your head as you pin a bomber to the floor with a bomb that will kill you, and most around you.

I'd of unloaded the whole clip and slapped him with it after. No way is he going to stay alive if i think he's armed with a bomb.

stigmata
07-22-2005, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably one of the first times that the police have done this in the UK chased down and shot somoene multiple times, oure police are not as a rule armed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the Irish guy with a table leg wrapped in black bin bag?

We must be wary of a witch-hunt style backlash.

diebitter
07-22-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hindsight is fantastic, isn't it!

daveymck
07-22-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We must be wary of a witch-hunt style backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think with him that they took him down and the stood over him and unloaded into him like in this case from witness accounts anyway.

stigmata
07-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Yeah I agree that it's a ludicrous comparison. Generally speaking, our police can be commended on their ability to not mow down innocent bystanders.

Although there was that guy at brixton station with a novelty cigarette lighter that one time.... But he was kinda asking for it, what with being black, living in brixton, and holding something that looked like a gun.

Anyway.... this just came to my mind, and I think there is a lesson to be learned, given the current political climate.

The once and future king
07-22-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leaving aside the dead man's rights, best not to kill him as he could be a valuable source of information.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was that incident in Pakistan recently when a suicide bomber fled from a biulding and was shot but not killed, he still managed to let of the bomb and killed several policeman.

maxfisher
07-22-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you titled this thread "suicide bomber - shot" where are you getting this info. ive read he was suspected, a man in a thick jacket. witnesses described him as confused and petrified. was anything even found on him?

stigmata
07-22-2005, 08:17 AM
"bomb belt with wires coming out", allegedly.

They also shoot for the head in these incidents, to clear that little matter up too.

daveymck
07-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Ok maybe title of the post should be Possible Suicide Bomber shot.

From the BBC

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him."

Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man had been wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".

"I've seen these police officers shouting, 'Get down, get down!', and I've seen this guy who appears to have a bomb belt and wires coming out.

"People were panicking and I heard shots being fired."

Former Flying Squad officer, John O'Connor, told BBC News: "The man shot must either one of the bombers or a potential suicide bomber."

Bombers "don't always carry sports bags" and the man could easily have been wearing a bomb belt, he added.

If he had been challenged by police and failed to stop they "have not got a lot of alternative", Mr O'Connor told BBC News.

Officers would be trained to aim for the head as shots to the torso could trigger a hidden explosive device, he added.

Londoner Dan Copeland was in the carriage in which the man was shot.

Matty
07-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Hey was this already your avatar before this thread?

http://img185.echo.cx/img185/2819/batmanbomb4ez2vm.gif

If so, pretty ironic.

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 08:42 AM
http://img185.echo.cx/img185/2819/batmanbomb4ez2vm.gif

Awesome.

diebitter
07-22-2005, 08:48 AM
From BBC:

"The Muslim Council of Britain calls for the police to explain why the man at Stockwell Station - described as Asian in appearance - was shot dead.

A spokesman says Muslims are concerned police may have a 'shoot to kill' policy in force."

Ho hum. I think anything I write now, you'll probably be thinking anyway...

The lefties/liberals are slacking, I was expecting them to pipe up first.

stigmata
07-22-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The lefties/liberals are slacking, I was expecting them to pipe up first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, I'm trying my best here /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

diebitter
07-22-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey man, I'm trying my best here /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Ya know, we Brits have had all this before. Some members of an active IRA cell were shot dead in Gibraltar some years ago, and there was all sorts of uproar about us having a 'shoot to kill' policy, from lefties/liberals etc

They were terrorists, fer goodness sakes.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Isn't killing a suicide bomber giving him exactly what he wants? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

diebitter
07-22-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't killing a suicide bomber giving him exactly what he wants? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, I don't think they shot him to give him what he wants. I'm guessing they shot him to stop him setting off a device.

daveymck
07-22-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but if it stops him harming others then who cares what he wants.

I suspect if he hadnt run onto the train and had stopped before jumping the gates in the station then they would not have shot him, a guy was arrested outside Downing Street yesterday as a suspect bomber but they had a procedure to arrest him.

TYhe muslim council of Britain would be better off keeping their mouths shut at least until the true facts of this case come out.

mmbt0ne
07-22-2005, 09:40 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
TYhe muslim council of Britain would be better off keeping their mouths shut at least until the true facts of this case come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think EVERYONE would be better off using this train of thought.

CCass
07-22-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One down, several thousand to go.

diebitter
07-22-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Facts? We doan need no steenkeng facts.

We have opinions, hearsay and gossip.

ChipWrecked
07-22-2005, 09:42 AM
He is a suicide bomber. You make damn sure you kill the guy so he can't detonate his bomb. Duh.

Of course, his nerve-twitching fingers might set it off as he's dying, but hey, we tried....

daveymck
07-22-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn we better close the forums then /images/graemlins/frown.gif, nothing to discuss here.

Popinjay
07-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Islam is the new communism.

ChipWrecked
07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Islam is the new communism.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

PokerBob
07-22-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For every one that goes down this way, 5 more are "born".

diebitter
07-22-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, yeah. I see what you're saying. Uh,huh.

We gotta shoot em before they're born.

I read ya.

PokerBob
07-22-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you are getting at here, as I am not very bright.

diebitter
07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I read ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you are getting at here, as I am not very bright.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I was playing the dumb warmonger, but it didn't translate to 'funny' as much as it did when I first hit 'submit'. I actually agree with you on this.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
They had him held down. Capture him, interrogate him, get to the source of the bombings. Then put him in FMITA (SIIHP) prison forever.

djoyce003
07-22-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what country you live in, but I live in the US. You get tried by a jury of your peers. If they tied him up, beat the living hell out of him, cut off his sack, gouged out his eyes, covered him in honey and dumped him on a fire ant mound, I'd still find them not guilty.

astroglide
07-22-2005, 11:19 AM
every time somebody mentions police in the UK somebody has to pipe up about how they don't carry guns...

Blarg
07-22-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many, that's for sure.

spamuell
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Well it's sort of relevant here given they shot someone.

GreywolfNYC
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
07-22-2005, 02:32 PM
i wasn't noting relevance, i was pointing out the popularly held theory that UK cops don't have guns. since one shot somebody here, it seems that he did.

CCass
07-22-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with your statement, unfortunately I believe violence and force are the only things they (the terrorists) respect.

ChipWrecked
07-23-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They had him held down. Capture him, interrogate him, get to the source of the bombings. Then put him in FMITA (SIIHP) prison forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy's body is wired with explosives, do you want to be the cop who 'captures' him? Fcuk that, they did the right thing. Kill him quickly.

Recliner
07-23-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy's body is wired with explosives, do you want to be the cop who 'captures' him? Fcuk that, they did the right thing. Kill him quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and then I'd shoot him in the head just to be sure. After that I'd clear the area and wait for a bomb robot to show up on the scene.

I'm also a big fan of this line from the article " The Muslim Council of Britain said Muslims were concerned about a possible "shoot to kill" policy." Well duh, when you pull out a gun to shoot someone the WHOLE POINT IS TO KILL THEM.

Matty
07-23-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also a big fan of this line from the article " The Muslim Council of Britain said Muslims were concerned about a possible "shoot to kill" policy." Well duh, when you pull out a gun to shoot someone the WHOLE POINT IS TO KILL THEM.

[/ QUOTE ]Not necessarily. You are stupid.

Drew16
07-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Is this whats holding up my cashout from Interpoker?

Cumulonimbus
07-23-2005, 03:53 AM
What really happened. (http://www.infowars.com/articles/London_attack/police_kill_man_on_subway.htm)

smokingrobot
07-23-2005, 03:57 AM
anybody read that letter from the people of london to the bombers or whomever?

it was pretty interesting...

link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1523459,00.html)

poker-penguin
07-23-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyonewould be better off keeping their mouths shut at least until the true facts of this case come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ChipWrecked
07-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Passengers said a man, described as South Asian, ran onto a train at Stockwell station in south London. Witnesses said police chased him, he tripped, and police then shot him.

D'oh!

Suppose he's in hell right now, wishing he'd not run?

'Bye, scumbag!

daveymck
07-23-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
every time somebody mentions police in the UK somebody has to pipe up about how they don't carry guns...

[/ QUOTE ]

They dont as standard, the only place you normally see armed police is at heathrow. The normal police have armed response units that are on normal patrol but have arms in the boot (trunk) of the car.

Thats whats unusuak about this is that armed plain clothed police were chasing down and shooting someone, I dopnt think this has ever happened before in the UK.

The average bobby on the beat is unarmed and our police are very anti arming them as standard.

daveymck
07-23-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What really happened. (http://www.infowars.com/articles/London_attack/police_kill_man_on_subway.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]

The police had to make a judgement call a terrorist suspect that they had under surveillence or whatver runs away from them and rushes onto a tube ful of people I dont think they can stp and ask him nicely if he has explosives under his jacket as by then he would have detonated.

At the end of the day if he hadnt run away he would still be alive, I also like themessage it sends out we will not show mercy to those involved in this.

nicky g
07-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Shot Man Not Connected With Bombing (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm)

TylerD
07-23-2005, 12:34 PM
woops /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lalit Khajuria
07-23-2005, 12:36 PM
That's a horrible thing - and it seems like they werent so sure after all, now if he was innocent muslim the police made a huge favor for the terrorists.

Peter666
07-23-2005, 01:06 PM
But c'mon. You think a white Irish guy is a threat in England? This isn't the 70's.

lu_hawk
07-23-2005, 01:26 PM
that is pretty horrible. i obviously feel terrible for the guy, but the cops who shot him are in a bad situation too. they made a spur of the moment decision that they thought was correct and now they will have to live with this.

to anybody who says that he shouldn't have run: the cops were in streetclothes. if you were in the subway and a bunch of guys in streetclothes ran after you with guns drawn, i think it is a reasonable reaction to run away, regardless if they might have announced themselves as police.

eastbay
07-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Might have to revise the title of this thread.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets," the police statement said Saturday.

I'm not saying that the officers did anything wrong. It just goes to show what can happen when tensions are running high. I heard all manner of thing about the guy's rucksack, his bomb belt with wires coming out, etc. All bullshit.

eastbay

DrunkIrish05
07-23-2005, 01:57 PM
reread the original story and think about all the things that are exaggerated in it, this has to make you think that alot of the news we read is the written in the same way, spun into what the public wants to hear, not what actually happened

TylerD
07-23-2005, 07:10 PM
He was a Brazilian electrician.

They really [censored] this one up.

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm)

TheTROLL
07-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Yup, this looks absolutely awful... there's been a stupid police statement now saying the episode should still be considered the fault of the terrorists for creating such a high alert level. Oh dear.

partygirluk
07-23-2005, 08:13 PM
We still do not know what exactly went on - so don't jump to conclusions. It is sad that an apparently innocent man was killed but if you run away from the police when challenged to stop and jump onto a train, wearing a thick coat in the middle of summer you are putting yourself at risk. The police may or may not have made an error but it seems that the dead man must take much of the blame.

Arnfinn Madsen
07-23-2005, 08:27 PM
He must have somewhat misunderstood, my first idea thinking that he might consider it a robbery or some ordinary ticket controllers, in both he might have decided to run for it.

2+2 wannabe
07-23-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We still do not know what exactly went on - so don't jump to conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

we know that the man was innocent

[ QUOTE ]
The police may or may not have made an error but it seems that the dead man must take much of the blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

this isn't a witch hunt in salem

Cumulonimbus
07-24-2005, 02:11 AM
What we get out of it. (http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/ny_subway_riders_resigned_to_searches.htm) I think I'd rather just get blown up. We live in a *cough* Police State *cough*.