PDA

View Full Version : 100-200 PS hand -thinking on the 10th level?

jfresh
07-22-2005, 05:50 AM
just observed this hand (DcifrThs was at the table, maybe he can give some insight) at Poker stars 1-2. this can't be near +EV can it?

PokerStars 100/200 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: folds to SB, SB completes, BB raises, SB calls.

Flop: (1.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

UTG+1 doesn't show.
MP1 doesn't show.
MP2 doesn't show.
CO doesn't show.
Button doesn't show.
SB has 7c Ts (two pair, kings and sevens).
BB doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins 8.75 BB.

edit: i just wanted to know if this was standard aggressive, steal resteal situation, or are there really such insane fishy maniacs at 100-200?

flawless_victory
07-22-2005, 06:14 AM
what the hell are you talking about?
sb mistankenly thought he could force BB to fold Ahigh because he sucks. BB played fine, but got unlucky. wow.

jfresh
07-22-2005, 06:20 AM
relax, it just looked nuts to me, i wanted to clarify. so its normal for someone to bluff 3+BB into a 2BB pot, on a KK2 flop?

maybe fishy wasn't the right word but this seems a tad bit laggy?

flawless_victory
07-22-2005, 06:32 AM
in a 1/2 internet game, yes this is very common.
it is an awful play bc noone is opencomplete/calling in sb with a hand that like this flop except maybe a 7high flush draw. sb sucks, but so do alot of ppl.
i wasnt tried to be rude, but this 10th level bs is hilarious.

07-22-2005, 08:02 AM
as someone that is one of the best 100-200 players online, I can say that SB played it terribly preflop and post flop UNLESS he had a HUGE read on the BB, then he played it fine. Most of the time he is going to be behind OR 50-50 with that kind of action on the flop. He was probably up against AcQc from the bb.

OPEN LIMPING from the SB is a TERRIBLE play and is only done by fish.

BB played it fine if he had Ac and another high club. If he had low pair than he played VERY FISHY.

-E

-E

jfresh
07-22-2005, 03:12 PM
i was being very sarcastic.

bobbyi
07-22-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB played it fine if he had Ac and another high club.

[/ QUOTE ]
Admittedly I'm not "one of the best 100-200 players online", but doesn't a flush beat two pair?

slavic
07-22-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as someone that is one of the best 100-200 players online, I can say that SB played it terribly preflop and post flop UNLESS he had a HUGE read on the BB, then he played it fine. Most of the time he is going to be behind OR 50-50 with that kind of action on the flop. He was probably up against AcQc from the bb.

BB played it fine if he had Ac and another high club. If he had low pair than he played VERY FISHY.

-E

-E

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this Eugene?

Nigel
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Elaborate, please. Even it's own thread would be good. You can use that quote as the title.

Thanks,

Nigel

MrStretchie
07-22-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as someone that is one of the best 100-200 players online

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe people are arguing with you after this! Clearly you're better than anyone else here.

phish
07-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Can you give the names of the players involved. Hand looks familiar. Wonder if I was the BB that hand?

Brian R
07-23-2005, 02:01 PM
jfresh-

Are you jfresh 88 on UB? If so you have have taken quite a bit of my money. In regards to the PS 1-2 hand I would say plays like this are fairly common esp. short handed. There is a lot of action mixed with aggression which in turn makes for plays like this. Has anyone noticed how good the action has been recently?

Brian R

DcifrThs
07-23-2005, 05:22 PM
wow, ive seen this thread a few times but never read the original post (it was linked from other "sb completion" threads)

in short, jfresh, you see this play alot. its very possibl bb has a small pair here or ace high and that the sb is thinking the bb could have worse or maybe K or Q or J high and only raised him b/c he just completing indicating not a great deal of strength.

if you PM me these two guys' handles i can tell you with much more precision what was up.

and yes, this kind of stuff happens all the time. if i was bb i wouldn't 3bet the flop. since people make huge mistakes like putting in 3 bets on the flop then i like to punish them more by raising the turn after they lead and checking behind the river if i have A high or a very small pair and betting everything else. but crappy play and over agro play especially is very very common.

i have some Q or J high calldowns that ive made to win blind war pots on boards like that b/c the villian did exactly he does...bet and raise w/ nothing. granted if i make a Q or J high call down the bord will usually feature AK or AQ respectively at the very least.

in any case, the only insight i can give is that it happens all the time. so how does it feel to get outdrawn by nutcases?? it feels like SH*T...which all goes back to the #1 skill needed for these, and higher, limits: control.

-Barron