PDA

View Full Version : What if an Anti-War Country was Bombed?

lehighguy
07-22-2005, 05:01 AM
From what I've read the suspected bombers in london weren't foriegn terrorists, but disenchanted islamic citizens. It seems that many countries in Europe have large communities of these folks. Similairly, they have the same if not worse problems with integration and racial tension. In France that seems to be a big problem.

What would happen if Paris was bombed? What would your reaction be? Would it change any of your opinions? What do you think the worlds reaction will be? Would it change anyone's opinion?

sirio11
07-23-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it change any of your opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[censored]
07-23-2005, 01:25 AM
I think you would see a much stronger movement to deport people of muslem countries. I also think you would see a quick crackdown on islamic clerics who preached violence.

DCWildcat
07-24-2005, 08:43 PM
I think France specifically would have a reactionary anti-immigration movement. The fact that lepenne (sp) got as far as he did in their last election is downright scary.

SheetWise
07-24-2005, 09:25 PM
If you're looking for sympathy, you couldn't have picked a worse example than France. The terrorists are killing their own people, I can't imagine they would stop short on terror in a sympathetic country. I suppose if they hit Canada, that would change a lot of minds.

[ QUOTE ]
"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- attributed to General George S. Patton

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes." -- Mark Twain 1898

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter666
07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
What militant Islam could not do for 1400 years, namely conquer and flood Europe through war, it has been doing for 40 years due to liberal politicians and their politically correct immigration policies.

These bombings are the fruits of their labours. Do I feel sympathy for a country suffering from terrorism? Not if liberals are killed. But when innocents are killed, yes.

Hopefully a strong anti-muslim flood may take hold, as watching neighbours get blown to pieces tends to make a powerful impact on one's soft brain.

Oh, and I am Canadian. To all the radical suicide bombers out there, please, please blow up the parliament the next time our Prime Minister and his cabinet are there.

checksplay
07-26-2005, 02:02 AM
I forget where I read it, may a Thomas Friedman column, but the author made the following argument:

Islam has a sense that it is a superior culture and yet it is not politically superior in the modern world and they can't quite come to terms with that. Thus, as happens periodically in the history of East vs West, we are clashing right now with that society. It remains to be seen how long this clashing will continue.

Personally, I think the Middle East better enjoy their time in the limelight. If we ever find a different source of energy, they will not have much to offer the world. And they haven't done a very good job of investing all that wealth they lucked upon. They could take a lesson from Norway.