PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys multitable

bookish
07-22-2005, 04:01 AM
(or girls ...)

So, I've been playing the $11s on Prima (they have a mini-view and I have a cheap monitor). Just one table at a time.
Fun, but something of a grind. I've played for several months, and I'm definitely profitable at that level.

I have just started 2-tabling (woo-hoo) and I wondered if you lot

a) Started all your games at the same time so the strategy on all tables would be similar or

b) Staggered the start, so you would only get to the critical/interesting stages one at a time.

As you might guess my results have been somewhat disappointing with the 2-tables, but I still think
it is variance, rather than a large effect of having
two tables on the go.

Bookish

Nottom
07-22-2005, 04:06 AM
I start 4 and try and start new ones as I bust out. If I am currently in a couple tight ITM/Bubble situations and the Empire lobby is acting up (as always) then I will often end up waiting to finish before trying to get another table open.

tigerite
07-22-2005, 04:42 AM
I start up 4 as close as possible to each other, if I bust out in levels 1-3 then I start up another in its place, if not I play them as a set. When there's only 1-2 left (but not 2 if both on the bubble) then I will start up others in their place.

HesseJam
07-22-2005, 04:45 AM
How many tables do you get in per hour? I do the same and get between 5 and 6.

Nottom
07-22-2005, 04:55 AM
Prolly around 5/hour if i'm playing well ... more if I'm not /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

lacky
07-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I start 6 to 8 all at once, and will replace one if I bust in level 1. Otherwise i play till all are done, take a break, then start a new set. I like my breaks.

Steve

pokerlaw
07-22-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I start 6 to 8 all at once, and will replace one if I bust in level 1. Otherwise i play till all are done, take a break, then start a new set. I like my breaks.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I am a fan of sets as well. I start up 4, and if i bomb out on L1 or 2, then i'll start another. If not, I've been playing until the end.

However, since I usually have one or two tables that go a lot longer (i am 4 tabling 18 and 27 person tourneys - which last up to 1:45...), so I think i might start loading up another set once I am down to the final 3 the games I am fortunate enough to be down to the final ITM spots, since the early levels are fairly mindless.

Superfluous Man
07-22-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I start 4 and try and start new ones as I bust out. If I am currently in a couple tight ITM/Bubble situations and the Empire lobby is acting up (as always) then I will often end up waiting to finish before trying to get another table open.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same with me except replace 4 with 3 (working my way up, experience has taught me I'm not quite ready for 4 yet; plus, I like to have some space on the display to read these forums). Oh, and replace Empire with Eurobet.

SCfuji
07-22-2005, 10:50 AM
hey bookish

i think it sucks balls to be on the bubble in 4 STTs at the same time so i like to stagger them or else id be dragging that friggen cursor all in so much id lose track and probably not fold enough.

tigerite
07-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Use AutoHotKey, then you can use a short cut like ctrl+shift+A.. that's what I do /images/graemlins/grin.gif

axeshigh
07-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I 4-table continuously starting one as soon as one finishes while surfing 2+2 and chatting on msn. I guess I should get another monitor and video card and 8-table /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Iron Tigran
07-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm just starting to multi-table exclusively. I played 1 at a time forever (the majority of my hold'em at the time was limit). Now that I am only playing SnGs, I have to multi. So I started with 2, and after a bit it became no problem. Now, I add a third when my first two tables are at L3, so I rarely have more than 2 critical tables to worry about. As I gain experience, I hope to become like the pimps here and play 4 or 6 or 8...

Mr_J
07-22-2005, 03:10 PM
8table. Start them all at the same time, and start a new one whenever I bust out. This naturally staggers them, and is NO harder than playing them in sets. In fact, it's easier at times since you will get shorthanded in most/all less than if you play in sets.

flyingmoose
07-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I play 4 continuously and it's really no problem. I usually chat on AIM and surf the web while I do it.

The only problem with playing continuously is finding time to pee. It seems like I'm always in a bubble situation in one of my tables...