PDA

View Full Version : Empire not refunding after server failure

derdo
07-22-2005, 03:13 AM
I am posting this here only because other people from this forum had the same problem when Party and all its skins server went down yesterday.

I was in 2 $11 tournaments when one of my tournaments froze and the other one was still going. I saw in this forum that everybody was having problems so I tried a log out and log in which I could not do.
They refunded me for the tournament that froze but arguing that since the other tournament went on and the winnners were paid they cannot refund me for my other torunament.
My point is although it is obviously their fault that I could not go on my game they are not chipping in anything from their pocket to compansate me.

I saw that other people had the same problem druing the server failure. Did you get your money back and which skin are you playing?

Thanks,
Cem

derdo
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
They refunded me my $11 under the name "courtesy bonus" after 4th harsh e-mail.
It is so annoying that if I had said "whatever it is only $11" and stopped fighting I would never get it back although it was their fault.

Slim Pickens
07-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Really? Only 4? I'm up to 11 now without so much as a kindly FU reply.

derdo
07-22-2005, 02:07 PM
This was in one of the funny reply mails from them.
"The tournament was not affected and it went on till the end.The reason you lost was because you did not get the best hand combination."
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

suited_ace
07-22-2005, 02:53 PM
"We have checked the hand histories of tournament # 000000000 played on table # 00000 and see that, you did not disconnect from this tournament. For your convenience, I have attached a document of tournament summary which shows the same. Hence, we will not be able to give you a refund in this regard."

Am I wrong for expecting them to refund me when they don't give me the service I paid for? If I buy bread and find a mold spot in it, I'm getting a refund, right? I don't need the whole bread to be covered with it. I'm gonna keep on nagging them until I get my refund. I was playing only 1 $55, but I don't care. I want my money back.