PDA

View Full Version : Over Pairs on Flops

Jorge10
07-22-2005, 02:00 AM
Ok this situation keeps coming up and im new when it comes to omaha high so I dont know what to do.

I have something like

A/K/K/Q With a nut flush

So I pot it from late position flop comes

4s/5/10s

I dont have a flush draw or any draw, just K/K. For that matter it could be A/A. Do I bet out and if I get raised fold? or if I get called do I keep the pressure unless a scare card comes? So assuming I bet, how much should I bet? The pot? or 3/4? Any comments would greatly help, thanks.

Rosie5
07-22-2005, 02:14 AM
set the situation up in more detail

# of People in the pot?

if it's 9, I strongly suggest checking /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jorge10
07-22-2005, 02:32 AM
Usually 2-4, its the 25 pot limit tables, so thats about how many will call the raise.

joewatch
07-22-2005, 03:05 AM
At PLO $25, just check - fold unless you are heads-up. Trust me, somebody will draw out on you by the river. Anything below $100 is a nut-peddling game.

RickyG
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
if he has the nut flush draw, folding might be wrong if there is a bet and two callers. his King outs are also clean on this board. There are some situations where check/calling is better than check/folding.

my 0.02.

PokrLikeItsProse
07-23-2005, 02:19 AM
If you are a late position raiser, then you are usually the last to act and it is being checked to you.

If you have few opponents and they show an inclination to check-fold and almost never check-raise, then betting is probably fine.

On the other hand, someone may mark you for aces and check raise with two pair or any good draw.

I would suggest betting the smallest amount you would bet if you flopped top set on that board.