PDA

View Full Version : "Play the Hand" -- online quizzes/articles by Ed Miller

oreogod
07-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Came across these "Play the Hand" articles by Eddie Miller. Apparantly they are articles that Ed is doing on commision (I assume). Anyway I found them to be very good. There are multiple quizzes here, I did not see a table of contents for them...but after you go through the most recent hand, there is a link to the others on the bottom right of the results page.

Be nice if Ed put out a workbook like this. More than nice, it'd be awesome. You listening Ed Miller? You know u want to, booze and women can be put on hold for awhile...well, women anyway.

Enjoy (http://www.cgtv.com/games/column/072804/index.shtml)

SNOWBALL138
07-22-2005, 02:10 AM
these hand quizzes are amazing. Here's a quote "Raul isn't going to run over you. He's interested in having a couple of beers, relaxing and losing a few thousand dollars. He isn't trying to outwit you. "

As always with Ed, we can expect great strategy, and high quality writing.

Wyers
07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
I was under the impression that Ed was going to be putting together a companion piece for SSH comprised of sample hands and quizzes.

Is this still in the works are am I suffering from false memory syndrome?

marand
07-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the post, the hands were great. I just wish there were more of them.

shakingspear
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Great post. That was a nice exercise.

Anything else like this floating around?

oreogod
07-22-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great post. That was a nice exercise.

Anything else like this floating around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the 5-6 hand quizzes on that site...there is also another great book that came out not to long ago called "How Good is your limit Holdem" -- just finished it and it is my feeling that Ed would definitly approve of it. Its by Bryon Jacobs and Jim Brier.

The only other book like it I can reccomend is Middle Limit Holdem by Ciaffone and Brier. Although in Middle Limit, their aggresion is slightly weak and there moves more situational than opponent dependant (basically not much in the way of reads, but heres the situation).

Both are good books. How Good is geared more for the games you find today...Middle Limit while still definitly worth a read is geared towards games of the past (everyone should still read it though, u will pick up lots and lots of good stuff)

SteamingFish
07-22-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that Ed was going to be putting together a companion piece for SSH comprised of sample hands and quizzes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would love to see this! Especially if it took the material from SSHE but used the format from Getting Started in Hold 'Em (playing all the way through a hand). It would also be nice if some of the questions were internet-specific, too, like, "A 20/14/2 TAG you suspect has you on his buddy list raises on the button after a MP LAG donk-bets the turn..."