PDA

View Full Version : did i play my KK to passive?

07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
playing in a home game with people i usually play againist so i have a good read on most of the players

we're playing .25/.50 nl
I Have K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the UTG+1

The UTG (loose-agreesive) raises the pot 6BBs.
so i quickly figure he has a much lesser pocket pair
so i raise to 14BBs then the UTG+2 calls. he's a real loose player and will play any ace with a decent kicker soo i put him on an AJ or AQ, SB and BB folds around to the UTG and he calls.
pot has 43 BBs

flop. 9c 7d 5h
the UTG checks to me and i raise my remaining 20BB's
the UTG+2 quickly folds and the UTG calls and i figure maybe has 10/10 or JJ but he turns over pocket 9's and has a set and the turn and river brings two blanks and i drop the pot.
what could i have done differently to have won this hand?

bambi
07-22-2005, 12:39 AM
If you really want to wint the pot, after you raise PF tell everyone you have KK and show them your cowboys. They should fold after that.

Dont be results orientated, not much you can do, re buy move on

BBD
07-22-2005, 12:40 AM
It doesn't really seem like you could have done anything much differently, maybe should have kicked it up to 18BB or so PF. I like the big bet on the flop, pretty much how K-K should be bet on that board. Villian hit, you didn't. You're not getting away from this IMO. Oh, and you could post this in pot limit & no limit> small stakes. Most of the people who read these particular threads play limit, so you probably get better advise in NL> small stakes, stands to reason anyways.

sy_or_bust
07-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Wrong forum.

Entity
07-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Hi,

I'd suggest reposting this in Small Stakes PL&NL.

thanks,
Rob