PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Gavin Griffin

augie00
07-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Where's my $15? I have a cig hanging out of my mouth and I need something to light it with.

07-22-2005, 12:24 AM
???????

augie00
07-22-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
???????

[/ QUOTE ]

Gavin owes me $15.

Apathy
07-22-2005, 12:54 AM
And I'm sure he appreciates you posting it on the WPT Forum, I hope it's not too late to delete this thread yourself.

augie00
07-22-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I'm sure he appreciates you posting it on the WPT Forum, I hope it's not too late to delete this thread yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe he forgot about me. He also owes about 10 others $15 as well.

edit: what the crap, it was a flippin' joke

James Lang
07-22-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tough crowd

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 02:11 AM
See threads like this is what i'm talking about. These are the threads that should get rip to shreds. No content. Just a troll post. Yet nobody goes after him. I make threads that have content and thought put into them and they get flamed. I don't get it?

wall_st
07-22-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See threads like this is what i'm talking about. These are the threads that should get rip to shreds. No content. Just a troll post. Yet nobody goes after him. I make threads that have content and thought put into them and they get flamed. I don't get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed when I saw this thread ... but your response made me laugh even harder.

jojobinks
07-22-2005, 02:37 AM
smooth doesn't call names. he only responds when others attack him.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-22-2005, 03:56 AM
Why would you use TWO bills to light it? Are you that much of a fatcat?

Kovner
07-22-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you use TWO bills to light it? Are you that much of a fatcat?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's enough of a fatcat to demand gavin pays him with $15 bills.

AngryCola
07-22-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See threads like this is what i'm talking about. These are the threads that should get rip to shreds. No content. Just a troll post.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this has nothing to do with the fact that augie doesn't seem to like you and disagrees with you a lot? Nah, I'm sure that couldn't have anything to do with it.

10-20Jerome
07-22-2005, 09:01 AM
This is going no where

Phill S
07-22-2005, 09:19 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/AngryCola/scotty1.jpg

RIP.

Phill

Klepton
07-22-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you still post here?

no one likes you

TheWorstPlayer
07-22-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you reading a thread titled "Attn: Gavin Griffin"? What exactly did you think would be in here? I think you could save yourself a lot of aggravation (and from looking like such as ass) if you would just read a bit more selectively.

Tyler Durden
07-22-2005, 10:24 AM
what the deuce

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
???????

[/ QUOTE ]

Gavin owes me $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

You rented him your sex chair for an hour?

MonkeeMan
07-22-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it. You're trying to hijack this thread. It's all about you, right?

McGahee
07-22-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tough crowd

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm picturing him in his best Bellande French accent voice: "Go Augiee"
[looks around room]
No? Anybody? No?

Subby
07-22-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. You sure don't...

augie00
07-22-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is probably that your posts which are content-heavy suck and make you look like an idiot, while my posts which are stuck for content are humerous and make me look like a greek god.

I hope that now you understand.

So anyway, before Dynasty locks/deletes this thread...I need that $15. This cigarette is getting soggy and my mommy just called me Sammy.

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I didn't call anybody a name here. You should see that. I was describing the texture of the post. Jojo if you weren't so wanting to be against me you would see what i'm saign is right on.

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Angry use your head. The reason i wrote this is to wake people up to stop attacking me when i actually put thought and effort inot my threads. Yet the guys that are hurting the forum are not flamed for posts like this. I guess i miss the greatness of this thread. I'm sorry you are all right.

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Dynasty? why are you allowing these posts to continue? I don't want a flamewar. But you let these(well we know what you are) continue to bate me. Tell me who is trying to start a flamew war here? I'm trying real hard to be the sheperd.

NUReedy
07-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Little children put thought and effort into crayon drawings too...that doesn't make them quality or worthwhile. Lots of words does not equal quality. It equals skip.

And you said texture...referring to two or three sentences...wow

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:43 PM
I wasn't gonna look at this post. But decided to give it a chance. I was very dissapointed to see it was a troll textured post.

Btw why are you reading the title?

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm still wondering where dynasty is? look at every reply in this thread so far and its (censored's) trying to start a flame war. Why are there posts not being deleted and being warned? One tends to think there is bias going on here.

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Listen be careful my friend be real careful. I'm trying real hard to be the sheperd.

AngryCola
07-22-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't gonna look at this post. But decided to give it a chance. I was very dissapointed to see it was a troll textured post.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to be in flame wars, why do you always respond to each and every post containing anything bad about you? Why respond to each and every post you disagree with? It looks to me like you are looking to cause as much trouble as you can, and it also makes you look petty and immature. You complain about the worthlessness of this thread, then you post in it quite a few times. That just needlessly adds to the clutter, and it ultimately makes what you're doing even more worthless than the original subject of the thread.

All these, "Dynasty, please tell me why this post is allowed? He is calling me names, etc!" posts are silly and most childish. If you have an issue with a post, take it up with the moderator PRIVATELY. Chances are your complaints will be taken a bit more seriously if you act like an adult and get down off your cross.

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
No don't worry Dynasty won't delete this thread because he likes threads where they are nothing more they insults and hate posts towards me that are trying to get me into a flamewar. Real fair of him. If i wrote one of the posts that were directed at me in this thread i would either be banned or warned and my post deleted. Real fair.

drewjustdrew
07-22-2005, 12:57 PM
I think you are confused. just cuz you say "jesus christ!" everytime you read one of his posts, does not mean he IS JC.

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Please. Why do i respond? Because every post in the thread is a hate/insult post towards me. Including yours. Why don't you grow up instead of insulting people online. You want to insult me in person set up a meeting. Otherwise your and these other people are being the children insulting people online who don't even have the guts to say it to my face.

AngryCola
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Including yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just told the truth. Sometimes it isn't pretty.

You asked me to use my head earlier. I'll do that. My head is telling me you are here to do nothing but troll, and that means there's nothing left to do but ignore you.

Dynasty
07-22-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to be in flame wars, why do you always respond to each and every post containing anything bad about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be getting involved yourself. It only makes things worse.

augie00 has gotten a 2 day suspension for calling Smoothcall an idiot in this thread.

Smoothcall has also gotten a 2 day suspension for trolling this thread.

tpir90036
07-22-2005, 01:08 PM
I am having a really hard time figuring out which is worse:

1) Gavin having a disappointing WSOP
2) A thread where people publicly point it out and ask for $15
3) Smoothcall getting up in arms yet again
4) People trying to wage combat against Smoothcall
5) This picture (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2934952)

I have my guess but I will leave it as an exercise for the reader.

MonkeeMan
07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
augie00 has gotten a 2 day suspension for calling Smoothcall an idiot in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it again, he said it made him look like an idiot. Not the same thing, and I think you over-reacted.

drewjustdrew
07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am having a really hard time figuring out which is worse:

1) Gavin having a disappointing WSOP
3) Smoothcall getting up in arms yet again
4) People trying to wage combat against Smoothcall
5) This picture (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2934952)

I have my guess but I will leave it as an exercise for the reader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strike number 1 and 2 off your list.

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2571603&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

Dynasty
07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on Gavin's posts, I doubt he would be upset over augie's original post. It seemed like a good natured joke to me.

tpir90036
07-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Agreed. I just felt like stirring the pot for some stupid reason.

Iplayragstoo
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Listen be careful my friend be real careful. I'm trying real hard to be the sheperd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if I was a sheppard, and I realized i walked into the wrong flock (not MY post) I would turn around and leave without disturbing the flock...but thats just me, I don't like to stir up trouble. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheWorstPlayer
07-22-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
To know whether or not it is a thread that I will be likely to be interested in. Why don't you give that a try and stop reading threads which are clearly not poker related and then replying to them 100 times about how they shouldn't be there because they are not poker related?

Vincent Lepore
07-22-2005, 03:01 PM
If anyone is interested I have made a new thread under News Views and gossip forum entitled Nazism? abuse of power on the WPT forum. I did so to expalin what is really happeneing on this froum with Dynasty as the moderator.

Vince

pokerstudAA
07-22-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering where dynasty is? look at every reply in this thread so far and its (censored's) trying to start a flame war. Why are there posts not being deleted and being warned? One tends to think there is bias going on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man - I dont even know you but I am starting to dislike you. Tone it down a bit - oftentime you come off like an [edit].

nolanfan34
07-22-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where's my $15? I have a cig hanging out of my mouth and I need something to light it with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to figure out how to respond to this. I know you say it's a joke, but I've decided that I think this is a low class post.

For a few reasons:

- You posted it in WPT, instead of MTT where you know Gavin is a regular.
- You posted it in the first place, instead of just sending him a PM.
- You've made similar posts and comments about this in the past. I think it's just rude to keep bringing up, joking or not, that someone you decided to back didn't perform as well as you had hoped. You don't think he feels bad enough already that he didn't do well for his backers?

I guess I just don't think it's a funny joke, and I don't understand why you'd make a post like this in this particular part of the forum.

07-22-2005, 03:37 PM
It was not intended to hurt Gavin's feelings. Part of gambling is accepting it when you lose. I lost, big deal. I'm over it.

[ QUOTE ]
- You posted it in WPT, instead of MTT where you know Gavin is a regular

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen Gavin posting since before the WSOP started.

[ QUOTE ]
You posted it in the first place, instead of just sending him a PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the only one owed money.

[ QUOTE ]
You've made similar posts and comments about this in the past. I think it's just rude to keep bringing up, joking or not, that someone you decided to back didn't perform as well as you had hoped. You don't think he feels bad enough already that he didn't do well for his backers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have. Once, maybe twice before. The WSOP has been over for a while now, and regardless of whether he wins 10 million or 10 dollars, don't you think he should say something to his backers?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I just don't think it's a funny joke, and I don't understand why you'd make a post like this in this particular part of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, sometimes I make jokes that aren't funny. But not usually. I posted it here because the WSOP is on TV and this is the TV forum. I don't know how a backing agreement would qualify for the MTT forum.

nolanfan34
07-22-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The WSOP has been over for a while now, and regardless of whether he wins 10 million or 10 dollars, don't you think he should say something to his backers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with this. I stand by my other comments though, just send him a PM or e-mail him. That's what I'm going to do.

UMTerp
07-22-2005, 03:43 PM
I kinda of think it's in bad taste too, mainly for this reason:

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think he feels bad enough already that he didn't do well for his backers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Gavin was disappointed in his WSOP results, and although most of us realize that he's still a great player and the past month's tournament results were just a blip on the radar screen, it's still bad form IMO to bring attention to the fact that a 2+2 regular has been running bad as of late. Gavin's smart and thick-skinned enough to know that runs like this can and will happen, but it's still no fun to lose several thousand dollars, some of which were invested in you, and have it brought to the forefront in a public forum.

Having said that, from "knowing" Augie through these forums, I doubt his original post was ill-intentioned. Just a small lapse in judgement perhaps.

Carry on.

07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't think he feels bad enough already that he didn't do well for his backers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that at least a few of his backers are nearly completley anonymous I doubt he feels THAT bad. But he probably feels bad.

And as informal as this backing arrangement was, I am not that surprised that we haven't heard anything yet.

I could deal with Gavin not updating his progress and having to scour cardplayer for Gavin's name. But when it comes to the money nobody should be in the dark. I know it's only $15 but it's the principle of the matter.

I have backed a couple players in tournaments before and I always encourage them not to apologize to me if they bust. All I care about is that they play their best game, and I am sure that Gavin was playing the best that he could.

UMTerp
07-22-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could deal with Gavin not updating his progress and having to scour cardplayer for Gavin's name. But when it comes to the money nobody should be in the dark. I know it's only $15 but it's the principle of the matter.

I have backed a couple players in tournaments before and I always encourage them not to apologize to me if they bust. All I care about is that they play their best game, and I am sure that Gavin was playing the best that he could.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I agree with all of that. (And I was not a backer, though I seriously considered it!)

billyjex
07-22-2005, 09:09 PM
you've gone too far IMO dynasty.

Sponger15SB
07-22-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you've gone too far IMO dynasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to trade 2 days of no smooth call for two days of no augie00.

Actually, I'm willing to trade to days of no smooth call for any poster not named Sponger15sb

mindbender79
07-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Nice one!

dogmeat
07-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Isn't it an kind of an oxymoron to want the money, but use it to light a cigarette - even if you are trying to prove you don't need it?

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif (my name is here again for redundancy's sake)

Vincent Lepore
07-23-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seemed like a good natured joke to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you do. I noticed how you banned him but he's still posting. No buddy buddy thing there huh?

Vince

CieloAzor
07-23-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seemed like a good natured joke to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you do. I noticed how you banned him but he's still posting. No buddy buddy thing there huh?

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still posting too, so what's it matter?

imported_anacardo
07-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Orignal post is funny as [censored].

Certain posters following it are doing their dead-level best to turn what should be a happy, harmonious gathering-together of the sickest motherfuckers on the planet (gambool-wise) into just another godawful abortion of an internet forum.

It's all over small-stakes NLHE, too.

TAKE YOUR [censored] TO RPG, YOU CHUMPS.

Johnnyj580
07-23-2005, 04:03 AM
The guy who started this thread, you're an absolute TOOL. You only started it to try and look cool b/c you happen to know Gavin Griffin. Congrats on living vicariously through someone else. P.S. I dont know who's uglier that guy in your avatar or you in that pic holding what might be $3000 cash (you da man).

Smoothcall, you're the biggest moron to ever post on here. You take the things that people say on here personally. Im lost, are you some sort of a forum tough guy? "I'm trying to be nice". Are you serious?

Vincent, so Dynasty doesn't like you . . . GET OVER IT. You're pathetic that any favoritism he may/may not have is bothering you on a daily basis. If only Mason Malmuth or David "there is no Jesus" Slansky would remove him as the moderator, your life would be so much easier.

And the worst part is, I just wasted 5 minutes becoming just like the 3 of you.

Now where's my suspension???

07-23-2005, 04:59 AM
As a long time lurker, I have to say I appreciate Dynasty's efforts to clean up the junk in this forum.

I really wanted to limit my posts to something that is usefull, I am new to the refined aspects of poker so I haven't been of much use to 2+2 as it has been to me. I hope to contribute more in the future.

I really hate that this is my second post but really, grow the F up you trolls (Smoothcall/Vince, to some extent but not in the same category, Augie). Why can't there be somwhere on the internet where there is the logical,rational, intelligent, sharing of ideas and thoughts that isn't encumbered by weak ego's and posturing. If you want to be a douche bag go to
RGP, that's what it's there for!

Sorry, I just reread what I wrote, that's just silly

Betty

Vincent Lepore
07-23-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Everything you wrote was silly. You really should think before you post silly things.

Vince

pokerstudAA
07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Everything you wrote was silly. You really should think before you post silly things.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you can start another thread about it....

Vincent Lepore
07-23-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you can start another thread about it....

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be careful. The forum moderator bans people for trolling. That is what you are doing isn't it?

Vince

TheKnife
07-23-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] cry cry dont be a little bitch