PDA

View Full Version : TT heads up, KK6 flop

chopchoi
07-21-2005, 11:17 PM
$200 NL, 10 handed.

I have T /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. An EP player who just sat down with $200 raises to $8. I call, everyone else folds.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. EP bets $6. I call, planing to represent the K by raising the turn.

The turn is A /images/graemlins/club.gif. He checks. I figure if he has an ace he's liable to call me anyway, so i check behind.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He bets $15. I...

Caballa
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
...fold, because he has AK and is hoping you have the case K with the lower full house?
If you're playing TT for more than set value, I think you need to raise this flop to see where you're at.

ajmargarine
07-22-2005, 12:20 AM
..fold. Villian has AQ and checked the turn because he was worried you had a King in hand, and it's too late to represent one now.

UOPokerPlayer
07-22-2005, 01:18 AM
PF ok. You can either raise the flop pot sized or call, I'm really not sure which is best.

Option #1
Pot is ~25 when it comes to you. Raise his bet to 25. If he reraises you fold. If he calls and leads the turn you fold. If he calls and checks the turn you check behind. His flop call signifies that he thinks he's best. Don't try to push him off his hand, and see if you can get to showdown cheaply.

Option #2
Call his bet. Calling makes it look like you're trapping or that you're drawing at a flush. If he leads the turn weakly, I'd make a raise and then give up if there's any more action. If he checks the turn to you, bet it, probably 2/3 pot. A check-raise on the turn definitely beats you. If he just calls the turn and makes a value-ish bet on the river, I think you're beat there too, and without incredible pot odds, I'm letting it go.

Of all these, I like #1 best against an unknown, but once I have a better read I usually go with #2, because it's more +EV if you know what his bets mean. #1 makes it very hard for you to make big mistakes on the later streets.

chopchoi
07-22-2005, 02:10 AM
So the consensus seems to be that I should have raised the flop.

Since I did't, should I have bet the flop after the ace came, or did I do the right thing by checking behind?

ajmargarine
07-22-2005, 02:56 AM
I think the ace just kills your options on the turn. Only thing you can do is check behind. If Villian has Ax he probably calls you unless you go real big, and is that worth it. Plus, he still may have Kx himself or of course AK. And by checking you still have a possible chance to make a move if "your flush" hits.