PDA

View Full Version : low content, but need help on specific prob...

07-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Alright in any $$$lvl SNG i come across the problem of playing AA KK early properly. I will normally make a big bet 3x 4x the pot hoping to get a caller, and if not bet happy with the pot I get knowing I will get an eventual caller. I know that it is some what of a basic strategy but I use it as a defense against busting out against an k10 that hits 2x pair. I was wondering of any general strategies used that could attract a caller or 2 without exposing ones self to too many callers. Or am I just being a pojina and delaying the enevatable?

JayKon
07-21-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... i come across the problem of playing AA KK early properly. I will normally make a big bet 3x 4x the pot hoping to get a caller ...

[/ QUOTE ]

3x-4x the POT!?!

Opening 3x the BB (Big Blind) is plenty, 4x-5x BB if there is one, or more limpers. Once you have a caller, a general rule of thumb is to bet 1/2 the pot to 1 1/2 the pot "depending".

Edit: Oh, and I really don't mind KTo hopping my raise with AA because I'm about a 6-1 favoriate.

wiggs73
07-21-2005, 11:56 PM
You're costing yourself a lot of chips by playing this way. You shouldn't mind getting some action post-flop with a hand like this on *most* flops. Some you'll want to proceed with caution, but in general, bet enough so that your opponent has incorrect odds to call on a draw, but might call anyway. Early on, I find that betting 3/4 of the pot to the full pot will accomplish this. By leading with such huge bets, you're going to win a bunch of small pots and lose the large ones when someone wakes up with a set or better. If someone calls on a draw and they hit, be glad you got them to make an incorrect call and move on with life.

07-22-2005, 07:41 PM
im sorry i should be a little more specific, I was wrong with saying I would initially bet 2x 3x the pot. In level 1 i would bet 50-100 based on ammount of limpers, LVL2 75-150ish, LVL 3 150-225. Fluxuating depending on ammount of limpers. Would i be more profitable by just matching pot, making the initial bet post flop 1/2 the pot or a bet the size of the pot. Then if raisers in front re-raise their bet x2. Thanks for being patient with my gramatical errors, im too tired and lazy today to do all the spell check and stuff like that.

JayKon
07-22-2005, 07:59 PM
I think you need to read the sticky post at the top of the forum titles "Robotic $10+1 Guide".

My standard preflop raise is 3xBB if no one is yet in an 4-5xBB if there are limpers. Otherwise, if I raise, I figure the size of the pot after I call and raise that amount. If that is 2/3 of my stack and I still want toraise, I push.

Sometimes I think this is too much at the $11's as it "looks" like a big raise and I don't always get action.