PDA

View Full Version : 6/12 88 in cutoff

DiceyPlay
07-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Very loose game. Not much aggression, but there's some. When I first sat down at the table, my impression of UTG and BB was that they were solid. They were raising on the turn and they both ended up having reasonable holdings.

On this hand I have 88 in the CO. There's 5 limpers (including UTG) to me and I raise. Button folds and the SB re-raises. Everyone calls. 7 players to the flop with 21 small bets. Flop comes 568 rainbow. Small blind bets, UTG raises, there's a couple of callers to me and I 3-bet. SB folds, UTG now caps. UTG and I are head-up.

Turn is an offsuit K. He bets. I raise. He 3-bets. What should I do?

Results to follow.

NorCalJosh
07-21-2005, 09:42 PM
besides put this in the small stakes forum? =)

JAA
07-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Definitely raise again...Your read on him is that he is a solid player. He would definitely limp with 55 or 66 in a loose game, but not 47 or 79. If raised again, I would probably go one more (but I would bet that you didn't get raised again if you in fact did reraise) You DEFINITELY can't just call here with top set. He almost has to have 55 or 66.

- Jags

DiceyPlay
07-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah ... too obvious. I almost didn't post the hand. I knew and still think I played it right. Except my read was totally wrong.

I capped. I called when he bet into me on the river which was a blank. He had 97o for the flopped straight. I couldn't (or wouldn't) believe he'd call 2 cold pre-flop after limping with that holding. I thought on the turn and came up with the same analysis as you. He has a smaller set.

My view of him changed after that.

Thanks,

-DP

ChewyMint
07-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Wow...pretty crazy hand. I hope you stayed at the table and cleaned him out after this hand came up.

ChewyMint

SirFelixCat
07-21-2005, 11:06 PM
As much as that hand might have "smarted" you have to love seeing that. Calling 2 raises cold in EP...wow. Just keep telling yourself "I want him calling with that holding".