PDA

View Full Version : NLHE full table, AA in SB.. what to do?

Moose
02-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Guys,

here's another interesting hand from the tourney I played in last weekend.

Down to the top 20. No fish left, skill levels ranging from competent to excellent.

I have a very aggressive player to my left with the biggest stack on the table with 75k. I'm about 3rd with 50k. Blinds are 500 and 1k.

Everyone folds to me in the SB and I get AA.

At this point, my plan is to call, and then call the inevitable raise, and check-raise all-in on the flop in the hope that he catches a piece.

However, when I call, instead of his normal range of reraising (3x-4x the last bet) he raises by 6x to a total bet of 7k.

At this point, I put him on a steal, thinking that he is betting all the money he is willing to bet on this hand, and that if I just call such a massive reraise, it will look SO fishy that my check-raise on the flop will miss when he checks behind me.

Not wanting to give him four cards to out-draw me, combined with the fact that the pot is already a respectable one for AA to win, I reraise to 20k total, and win the pot after about a 15 second think.

How is my reasoning in this hand? I can't count on him to bluff the flop after I call a reraise to 7x my last call.. can I?

M.

Ross
02-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Reraise and take the pot and be happy. Flat calling allows him to see a flop with cards that could be anything and therefore any Aceless flop could be an absolute trap for you.

On the other hand he will only call your reraise with a big pair or AK borads with no picture on them you can bet your Aces with confidence.

regards

Ross