PDA

View Full Version : Remaking movies the RIGHT way

Wintermute
07-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Instead of remaking good old movies with new special effects (Charlie and the Choc fact) and interpretations (bad news bears) and crap, why not just take good movies and remake them with the exact same dialogue, comparable special effects, but with an entirely different cast?

One big rule would be that the actors would not be allowed to try to create a different interpretation on the role, they'd have to try to reproduce the mannerisms, etc, of the original role. It turns out to be a fun challenge when stuck in traffic or whatever to try to take a well-cast, popular movie and figure out how to recast it in a way that would be fun to watch (ie, you'd drop $10 to see it in a theater). Assume unlimited budget.

Me and friends are working on Top Gun. So far, we've got the following (and I'm just listing hte names, but a lot of thought went into most):

Maverick: Brad Pitt

Goose: THIS is where we're completely stuck. This actor has to cover a lot of range... tall, lanky/goofy, but suave enough to look realistic playing volleyball, singing You've Lost that Loving Feeling, Great Balls of Fire, and believably be able to get a chick like Meg Ryan (back then). We're braindead, best we have so far is a cross between Jared from subway and Sam Jackson

Iceman: Christian Bale

Slider: ?

Viper: Ed Harris, unless you are forced to stick him in the role of Admiral TJ Cassidy (aircraft carrier commander, played by himself)

Jester: Tom Sizemore

Charlie: Catherine Zeta-Jones

Goose's wife: others want Rachel McAdams. not me, but that's what we've got right now

Hollywood: Don Cheadle
Wolfman: ?
Cougar: ?
Merlin: ?

The Ocho
07-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Did you see the remake of Psycho?

I thought not.

Nottom
07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
This is the comlpletely wrong way to remake a movie. If you are going to make the same movie why should anyone watch it instead of the original.

Remaking good popular movies is dumb.

PokerGoblin
07-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Goose: Nick Cage

Iceman: Ravishing Rick Rude from the WWF in the late 80's. That guy kicked ass.

PG

James Boston
07-21-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Goose:

[/ QUOTE ] Matthew Lillard?

[ QUOTE ]
Wolfman: ?
Cougar: ?
Merlin: ?

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't matter

GrandmaStabone
07-21-2005, 09:18 PM
All I have to say is that the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is AWESOME!!!!!!

Wintermute
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Goose: Nick Cage

[/ QUOTE ]

not bad. not bad at all. he is one goofy-looking [censored]