PDA

View Full Version : Can't play poker on this connection

Cumulonimbus
07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm on my mom's business wireless connection. It won't let me play poker (Empire) - it won't connect and it sends me to the Empire connection status screen. Also, it won't let me get my email and sometimes I cant post on 2+2. As a side note, it occasionally disconnects for a couple seconds (it says a cable is unplugged) then reconnects itself again.

This laptop does work on my dad's home wireless and most other connections.

HELP ME! It's been weeks without poker, I can't go any longer!

bly
07-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Ports 2147 and 2047 must be open on the wireless router, and most likely they are closed.

You're going to have to get into the router and take a look if you want any chance to play.

Johan
07-22-2005, 05:27 PM
You can problaby work around this by playing on pokerroom.com's Java client (no download version)

GL,

Johan

TheTROLL
07-22-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can problaby work around this by playing on pokerroom.com's Java client (no download version)

GL,

Johan

[/ QUOTE ]

The Java client still connects over ports that are normally restricted, it just avoids needing to install software for those on locked-down PCs. The only poker site I have found that usually gets through clients' firewalls is vcpoker.com - but haven't checked what ports it actually uses.