You can write your answer in, bud.

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 07:41 PM
ny, not close

mass shouldnt be in this discussion

pokerdirty
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
texas?!?!

this is the most important state poll, not the "most illegal immigrants enter through this state" poll

A_C_Slater
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Easy.

California.

It not only defines American culture, but also a lot of world culture.

poker-penguin
07-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Nevada.

[censored]
07-21-2005, 07:43 PM
None.

the answer is 'united'

M2d
07-21-2005, 07:45 PM
either Hawaii or "drunken", I haven't decided yet.

TheMainEvent
07-21-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ny, not close

mass shouldnt be in this discussion

[/ QUOTE ]

MrTrik
07-21-2005, 07:55 PM
I vote Montana. I like mountains. Since you didn't give any evaluation criteria, I used my own.

touchfaith
07-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Why exactely do we need NY again?

California could feed and support the entire nation if required.

2+2 wannabe
07-21-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

California.

[/ QUOTE ]

morgan180
07-21-2005, 08:02 PM
california. and it's not close.

kerssens
07-21-2005, 08:05 PM
California.....5th largest GDP in the world.

NutzyClutz
07-21-2005, 08:08 PM
i voted texas for oil, then i remembered Alaska.

KDawgCometh
07-21-2005, 08:11 PM
the fact that Illinois isn't in this poll completely invalidates it

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 08:13 PM
theres this stock market there i think. and other stuff, 1-2 banks or something. they do business with a couple forgein countries, but nothing of global importance.

istewart
07-21-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
theres this stock market there i think. and other stuff, 1-2 banks or something. they do business with a couple forgein countries, but nothing of global importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

JAA
07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Let me know how that whole revolution thing would have worked out if it weren't for Mass.

- Jags

touchfaith
07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds relocatable

kerssens
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds relocatable

[/ QUOTE ]

Electronic markets.

DemonDeac
07-21-2005, 08:21 PM
easily PA

gunt
07-21-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
easily PA

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, what would we do without the Amish?

JAA
07-21-2005, 08:49 PM
You think the B&M location of the stock market/banks matter?

- Jags

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 08:54 PM
yes, it does matter.

and if everything can just be moved, this thread is pointless.

Crveballin
07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Washington DC

GuyOnTilt
07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, it does matter.

and if everything can just be moved, this thread is pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would bring down their positive impact on our nation more: financial centres being moved from NYC to CA, or ports used for trade with Eastern Asia being moved to NY.

GoT

IggyWH
07-21-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than Minnesota, since when did it become American culture to elect retarded, 'roid consuming celebs to be governor?

KDawgCometh
07-21-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me know how that whole revolution thing would have worked out if it weren't for Mass.

- Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

and NY, NJ, PA, and Virginia, so what's your point

KDawgCometh
07-21-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than Minnesota, since when did it become American culture to elect retarded, 'roid consuming celebs to be governor?

[/ QUOTE ]

and he's austrian to boot. but, he is, by marriage, a kennedy, which makes things even more odd on that argument

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 09:07 PM
well we could move eastern asia. this whole "we could move all the important stuff" line of thinking is just stupid.

KDawgCometh
07-21-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds relocatable

[/ QUOTE ]

the History of the US's largest city sure isn't relocatable, oh and the fact that almost all us-european buisness revolves around NY kinda tips the balance in the favor of ny

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 09:11 PM
well see, obviously you can just move everything important in new york city. so its not that important. uhhhh...

touchfaith
07-21-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well see, obviously you can just move everything important in new york city. so its not that important. uhhhh...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kinda clinging to the relocatable comment aren't you?

Ok, keep your 3 important buildings. We wont relocate them.

Can you feed the nation?

tdarko
07-21-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
texas?!?!

this is the most important state poll, not the "most illegal immigrants enter through this state" poll

[/ QUOTE ]
i was gonna vote new york but then i realized this wasn't a "who has the most confrontational assholes" poll.

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 10:22 PM
have you ever even been to new york? who the [censored] are you? dont tell me about who is in my city. because you dont know [censored] about new york city, let me tell you. why dont you go back to knitting socks in vermont eating your chowdah? because we're better than you, now get the [censored] out of my way.

GuyOnTilt
07-21-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
have you ever even been to new york? who the [censored] are you? dont tell me about who is in my city. because you dont know [censored] about new york city, let me tell you. why dont you go back to knitting socks in vermont eating your chowdah? because we're better than you, now get the [censored] out of my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG CITY PRIDE ALL THE WAY 4EVR YEAH!!!

GoT

tdarko
07-21-2005, 10:28 PM
haha just had to spend a lot of time there for the last two years.

1) its not YOUR state
2) you aren't tough. i know this b/c only pussies talk like this to other people on an internet forum.
3) i am from texas, so yes i am better than you.
4) i dont like chowdah.

have a nice day.

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 10:33 PM
i thought i was making a really bad obvious joke.

BottlesOf
07-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Honestly, it's New York, anyone who disagrees is pretty nuts. You can make some case for California...the other two are just ridiculous.

tdarko
07-21-2005, 10:39 PM
i thought i was too? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i thought the i am from texas so i am better than you was the teller. oh well. i am going back to NYC at christmas with my gf, we have seen every tourist thing you can see and most of the city (every off day i had i made sure sure i spent it in the city). my question is other than your typical rockefeller center stuff at christmas time where are some great places to go for dining and scenery? i figured i wouldn't start a whole new thread for this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KDawgCometh
07-22-2005, 12:42 AM
upstate NY is very underrated in that effect. I'd like to see some stats that dicatate that cali can feed the nation, just don't believe it as most of the grain in this country comes from the midwest

Voltron87
07-22-2005, 12:45 AM
for me, yonkers and westchester is upstate. and im not being sarcastic and making a joke about it, i actually refer to it as upstate.

tdarko
07-22-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
upstate NY is very underrated in that effect. I'd like to see some stats that dicatate that cali can feed the nation, just don't believe it as most of the grain in this country comes from the midwest

[/ QUOTE ]
this is partly why i didnt vote in any of these threads. first of all i couldn't vote for a state i hadn't been to (WV, Wyoming) its easy to hate somewhere you haven't been. secondly most of the states in the nation are not more important than one or another because like my old history teacher said "our union is like a stew, you can't have just carrots or just potatoes because then it wouldn't taste right. you have to have a little bit of all the ingredients and thats what makes our nation great."

johnnybeef
07-22-2005, 12:56 AM
How the hell is Virginia not on here, or rather Washington DC.

tdarko
07-22-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
rather Washington DC.

[/ QUOTE ]
my sarcasm detector has been turned off for the night and i need a little help.

KDawgCometh
07-22-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for me, yonkers and westchester is upstate. and im not being sarcastic and making a joke about it, i actually refer to it as upstate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in jersey right now and I refer to WHite Plains as upstate. Its funny though that any place that is like 30 miles north of NYC is then referred to as upstate NY

cold_cash
07-22-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear California,

You Suck.

Sincerely,

Oregon

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
easily PA

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. We've got oil, farmland, chocolate, two big cities, and we were the first state in the union not named Delaware.

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
texas?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck driving your car anywhere after we secede. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sfer
07-22-2005, 10:21 AM
It's California. From technology to food to pop culture to Richard Milhouse Nixon.

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's California. From technology to food to pop culture to Richard Milhouse Nixon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Food? No...just no. Your Mexican food is bland and you have idea how fish should be cooked, despite being on the coast. Also, although true that Cali does drive a lot of pop culture, it's unfortunate as well. I will give you technology, although that's starting to become dilluted.

SackUp
07-22-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

California.

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunate but true.

TheMainEvent
07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well we could move eastern asia. this whole "we could move all the important stuff" line of thinking is just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. We're talking about where things are, not where they hypothetically in someone's imagination could be successfully moved.

djoyce003
07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
how can the land of fruits and nuts be in the lead here? That state sucks and the rest of the US ends up paying for their nutty behavior.

sfer
07-22-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Food? No...just no. Your Mexican food is bland and you have idea how fish should be cooked, despite being on the coast. Also, although true that Cali does drive a lot of pop culture, it's unfortunate as well. I will give you technology, although that's starting to become dilluted.

[/ QUOTE ]

French Laundry, Alice Waters, Wolfgang Puck, wine, free-range/organic/local/seasonal, not to mention the best tomatoes, peaches, apples, etc etc etc etc.

lucas9000
07-22-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ny, not close

[/ QUOTE ]

johnnybeef
07-22-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rather Washington DC.

[/ QUOTE ]
my sarcasm detector has been turned off for the night and i need a little help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington DC is a state (sort of)

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
French Laundry, Alice Waters, Wolfgang Puck, wine, free-range/organic/local/seasonal, not to mention the best tomatoes, peaches, apples, etc etc etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Just no. I'm talking about real food, not foo foo crap. And I'll stack either Texas or Florida produce up against Cali anyday. They seem to grow gigantic, very pretty, yet flavorless stuff out there. At least that has been my experience.

TheMainEvent
07-22-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how can the land of fruits and nuts be in the lead here? That state sucks and the rest of the US ends up paying for their nutty behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that the P-word is legal is Cali and its also by far the most populous state, it probably has a significant lead in the number of posters as well.

Mars357
07-22-2005, 11:12 AM
The answer is clearly Texas. God knows what a mess this country would be in today had JFK served the remainder of his term and possibly a second....

Texas IS as great as californians THINK california is...

sfer
07-22-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I'll stack either Texas or Florida produce up against Cali anyday. They seem to grow gigantic, very pretty, yet flavorless stuff out there. At least that has been my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

The notion that California produce is pretty but flavorless is absurd.

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I'll stack either Texas or Florida produce up against Cali anyday. They seem to grow gigantic, very pretty, yet flavorless stuff out there. At least that has been my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only to people with nothing to compare it to.

TheMainEvent
07-22-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The answer is clearly Texas. God knows what a mess this country would be in today had JFK served the remainder of his term and possibly a second....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I hope there is some kind of sarcasm here...

lucas9000
07-22-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

California.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. if that were true i would kill myself.

jakethebake
07-22-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I hope there is some kind of sarcasm here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Both parts are correct. People not born in texas, don't realize the truth, but there's no reason anyone shouldn't understand the JFK part. With that said, I'm not sure why JFK was brought up in the first place.

lucas9000
07-22-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in jersey right now and I refer to WHite Plains as upstate. Its funny though that any place that is like 30 miles north of NYC is then referred to as upstate NY

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm from seneca falls. now THAT is upstate.

TheMainEvent
07-22-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Both parts are correct. People not born in texas, don't realize the truth, but there's no reason anyone shouldn't understand the JFK part. With that said, I'm not sure why JFK was brought up in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't understand why he's trying to sell us on Texas and the first thing he mentions is the Kennedy assassination. My objection wasn't political at all.

MoreWineII
07-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Important is too broad a term.

sfer
07-22-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only to people with nothing to compare it to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't live in California now. I've lived there for less than half of my life.

Richie Rich
07-22-2005, 11:53 AM
If CA was a separate country (independent to the other 49 states,) it would be the 6th largest economy in the world. Think about its potential impact not only domestically, but also on a global basis.

J. Sawyer
07-22-2005, 12:02 PM
where the hell did Mass and Texas come from

Matty
07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where the hell did Mass and Texas come from

[/ QUOTE ]Well Texas is 2nd in population, and Mass is 13th and has historical significance. :shrug:

Matty
07-22-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If CA was a separate country (independent to the other 49 states,) it would be the 6th largest economy in the world. Think about its potential impact not only domestically, but also on a global basis.

[/ QUOTE ]Yet it gets as many Senators as Wyoming.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-22-2005, 12:14 PM
[censored] that, Illinois. Because I live here.

coffeecrazy1
07-22-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With what, grapes from Napa Valley? Since when did California become this grand industrial power, especially since California had to operate by candlelight a couple of years back due to power shortages? I agree that Silicon Valley is very important to the world. I agree that Hollywood is very important to the world culture. I DO NOT agree that California is the teat from which the rest of the country suckles.

When was the last time California was its own country? Oh yeah...only one state has done that.

theghost
07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ny, not close

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

better rap, better hardcore

(though I have to give CA credit for the Dead Kennedys, they earn some demerits for glam metal)

lucas9000
07-22-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ny, not close

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

better rap

[/ QUOTE ]

part of me doesn't want this statement to ignite a big flame war, but another part of me does.

coffeecrazy1
07-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Don't worry...I think I've already lit a big can of gasoline a couple of posts above... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

clipset
07-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Canada

Vince Young
07-22-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ny, not close

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

better rap

[/ QUOTE ]

part of me doesn't want this statement to ignite a big flame war, but another part of me does.

[/ QUOTE ]
How could anyone possibly argue against this?

ihardlyknowher
07-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Everyone knows it is Florida. We are America's wang. What is more important that your wang people?!

lapoker17
07-22-2005, 02:13 PM
nh

hotsauce615
07-22-2005, 02:45 PM
NY all the way, I lived the Cali for a few years and always found myself wanting to be back in NYC. I hate the people there, they're too laid back. I need NYC assholes. I can't believe you elected Arnold to your governer, its worse than use electing hilary clinton to senate. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

btw I'd pick montana too, I love mountains and fly fishing

beckham9
07-22-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

feed the nation? yeah ok, most likely the nation could survive on its GDP which is pretty huge, wwe sould still live in 3rd world conditions though

touchfaith
07-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Granted these are 2002 numbers, but it is hard to find this stuff in graphics...

http://www.lao.ca.gov/2002/cal_facts/econ.h6.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Total receipts from farming in California were $27 billion in 2001. This amount represented about one-eighth of the national total, and was greater than Texas and Iowa (the next largest producers) combined.
Major commodities in California include dairy, grapes, nursery products, cattle, lettuce, and cotton.
The state also is a dominant producer of many specialty crops, such as strawberries, kiwis, and artichokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The nation would be drunk and learn to eat healthy

Cattle's a bit low, but we have plenty and if it came to feeding the nation, only the elite (Californians) would be allowed to purchase it. Sorry.

JaBlue
07-22-2005, 03:22 PM
TEXAS?!?!

MASS!?!?!