PDA

View Full Version : KKKxx pre-draw question. draw hi

trigeek08
07-21-2005, 07:15 PM
In my home game last week this hand came up. I knew that villain was a donkey when it came to draw, it had realy been the first time he had played the game.
It was a dealers choice, $1-$2 game.

Villian $150
Hero $220

Villian opens UTG for $6, three folds, Hero re-raises to $24 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, folds to villian who moves all-in for $120 more and hero calls.

Was my re-raise correct? Did I make the right call when he moved in on me?

Villian draws two
Hero draws two.

If he had stood pat, would my play have been to draw one or two? Thanks for the info

timprov
07-21-2005, 07:16 PM
You're all in. Don't false-card.

trigeek08
07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but what does "false-card" mean? Thanks

BadPenguin
07-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Trying to disguise your hand by drawing something other than the optimal number of cards is called false-carding. There's no point to it unless you're trying to influence your opponent's betting after the draw.

In this case your chances to improve to four kings are better if you draw 2. If he has a straight or flush it doesn't matter too much since you will win if you improve at all, but if he has an ace-high full house or quads you're much better off drawing 2.

randomstumbl
07-21-2005, 10:57 PM
The other posters covered how many cards to draw, but I wanted to cover the obvious. This would be absolute suicide against any semi-competent draw player. You're a dog to fill up and they're not doing this without a straight or better (usually better).

Of course, since we know the villian is a bad player, it all comes down to "how bad is he?" Consider the range of hands that he would re-raise all in with. Obviously he's willing to do it with some trips and probably any better hand. Against this range, you're probably not a big favorite.

In addition, post-draw you'll have more information and have another chance to out play your opponent. I don't play draw enough to know the standard strategy here, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to put 100x the BB in before the draw with just trips.

DOMIT
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
I agree... I'd smooth call and see what he draws and make my decision there .. heck, if he acts first, he might "false cards" by drawing 1 worsening his chance of filling and outdrawing you (assuming that he doesn't have AAA).

But, as in all questions poker.. it depends -grin-

If he's so much of a donkey that he overplays pairs and draws, I think, yes, you're all-in w/ KKK..depends on how he plays.