PDA

View Full Version : My First Ever 100-200 Commerce Hand

Klepton
07-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Last night it's 4 in the morning and i decide cuz i'm up 2gs at 40-80 why not take a shot at the 100-200. Someone just came from that game and said it had 4 bad players, but he was done for the night so he left.

I sit down with only 3600 because i just lost a 28BB pot with KK at the 40 and have to wait 2 hands. I post in the CO.

I get 69o in the cutoff. MP1 limps, hijack raises (mid forties asian who tries to look mid thirties and is kinda pulling it off aggressive dealer abuser), I call, SB calls (check raised TT on a flop of A74 and bet it the whole way, even on the river which had a 4 flush, and the asian lady called him with 2 pair and then yelled at the dealer for making her scared on the river even though she won.) BB calls (very tall white guy with a shaved head and he wears sunglasses) MP1 calls.

Flop is 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Lady bets, everyone calls except MP1.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Lady bets, I call, SB calls, BB folds

River is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Lady gets really pissed and calls, Hero ???

My main question is my flop and turn calls, should they have been raises? This lady didn't look like the type that would get scared, and of the two hands i saw, she was involved in both, won both, and made a nice value raise on the turn in one of them.

pokerhooker
07-21-2005, 07:34 PM
If you were going to find a raise (semi-bluff, free card), I think it's on the flop. However, on a board like that, I imagine there's a high likelihood that the lady will 3-bet with any legitimate hand.

The turn 7 is a good card for you, but I don't think it's enough to semi-bluff with. A club or spade flush draw, a 4, and probably not even top pair will fold. Couple that with only having 4 clean outs and a smattering of dirty ones, I don't think you have enough chance to improve to make this play.

Of course, there's fold equity, but if the lady calls your turn raise, I think she's showing down her hand. And I just can't see you winning this right on the turn.

golferbrent
07-21-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night it's 4 in the morning and i decide cuz i'm up 2gs at 40-80 why not take a shot at the 100-200. Someone just came from that game and said it had 4 bad players, but he was done for the night so he left.

I sit down with only 3600 because i just lost a 28BB pot with KK at the 40 and have to wait 2 hands. I post in the CO.

I get 69o in the cutoff. MP1 limps, hijack raises (mid forties asian who tries to look mid thirties and is kinda pulling it off aggressive dealer abuser), I call, SB calls (check raised TT on a flop of A74 and bet it the whole way, even on the river which had a 4 flush, and the asian lady called him with 2 pair and then yelled at the dealer for making her scared on the river even though she won.) BB calls (very tall white guy with a shaved head and he wears sunglasses) MP1 calls.

Flop is 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Lady bets, everyone calls except MP1.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Lady bets, I call, SB calls, BB folds

River is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Lady gets really pissed and calls, Hero ???

My main question is my flop and turn calls, should they have been raises? This lady didn't look like the type that would get scared, and of the two hands i saw, she was involved in both, won both, and made a nice value raise on the turn in one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can put a raise in at any point until you make a hand with showdown value. The lady has clearly shown she is going to see the river. Basically, only hand you are going to get her off of is a no pair hand... but that may not work either b/c it probably has an A in it... so she will continue hoping to make her wheel.

Basically, until you make your hand b/c she has shown no ability to lay down a hand. The only real question is whether you can find a raise on the end. It really looks like a great place to put in a value raise. You definitely have her beat. Only the SB is a worry... he could have an A-x of clubs holding and flopped a st8 draw and then turn a club draw. However, in the long run... I think you have to put in a raise on end!!

Hope you won the hand!

TStoneMBD
07-21-2005, 07:56 PM
i dont understand the preflop call. looks really bad to me.

i definitely raise the river. a smaller straight is just as likely as a flush and the guy could also have a twopair type hand. 2 players in the pot, your hand is worth raising.

i dont like raising the turn, no reason to eliminate the other guys and i doubt the lady is going anywhere.

MJS
07-21-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I post in the CO... I get 69o in the cutoff... Hijack raises... I call... Flop is 5s 3c 2s... SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Lady bets, everyone calls except MP1...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm missing something. I just spent the last four years going from the 1-2 tables to the 20-40 tables (learning & building a bankroll).

Just exactly why did you call with 69o before the flop?

Why did you call a bet on the flop?

As for the suck out on the river - raise away - you have definately established your table image at that point.

On the other hand, perhaps I'm too tight or too math inclined. If so, explain why this was good poker.

Justin A
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand the preflop call. looks really bad to me.

i definitely raise the river. a smaller straight is just as likely as a flush and the guy could also have a twopair type hand. 2 players in the pot, your hand is worth raising.

i dont like raising the turn, no reason to eliminate the other guys and i doubt the lady is going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't like preflop either.

On the river the only smaller straights were already there on the turn, so I think we can rule them out. I'm just calling the river.

mikelow
07-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Playing on short money, gotta get lucky. Might as well be the first hand.

I would raise the river. Flush is unlikely.

Call on turn is correct.

ShawnHoo
07-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Fold preflop, call flop, call turn, raise river (while doing/saying something crazy).

Were you the youngest guy in the game?

Justin A
07-22-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, call flop, call turn, raise river (while doing/saying something crazy).

Were you the youngest guy in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you putting the bettor on that you think a raise is best on the river? You've gotta be good most of the time, especially since the guy will likely 3bet a flush and you can't expect to get a call out of the lady even for one more bet.

Klepton
07-22-2005, 12:56 AM
i raised the river, SB called, lady folded showing a set.

i said "straight" and SB showed a Q high flush. (Q2 clubs)

meh

BoxTree
07-22-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night it's 4 in the morning and i decide cuz i'm up 2gs at 40-80 why not take a shot at the 100-200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you post in another thread that you just deposited 3k in your Commerce Player's Bank?

Is 3k your bankroll? If so, why are you playing anything higher than 4/8?

If this is not your bankroll, why didn't you deposit more into your Player's Account? I'd rather write one check to Commerce than several. (Or...I'd rather walk into Commerce with thousands of dollars in cash ONCE than many times.)

Oh, and being up $2,000 at 40/80 is only 25 BB. That's hardly a reason to go try out the 100/200 game (where 2k is only ten BB). However, if you're a good short-handed player and the bigger game is really bad, and you're properly bankrolled (or don't mind losing all of a short bankroll), then take that seat.

flawless_victory
07-22-2005, 01:49 AM
fold pf
call flop
call turn
raise river
pretty easy one...
how is this game usually? does it run all the time?

BoxTree
07-22-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold pf
call flop
call turn
raise river
pretty easy one...
how is this game usually? does it run all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it runs about...eh...1/3 of the sessions from 8 PM to 6 AM. I have no idea of the frequency during the day. The 300/600 game seems to run every few weeks.

And just to reiterate what everyone else seems to have said:

FOLD Pf.
Call Flop.
Call Turn.
Raise River.

BoxTree
07-22-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i raised the river, SB called, lady folded showing a set.

i said "straight" and SB showed a Q high flush. (Q2 clubs)

meh

[/ QUOTE ]

What do we think of Lady's fold?

SB's lack of a 3-bet suggests that he doesn't have a flush. So Lady only needs to beat the raiser who could be raising with two-pair. Overcall if you're the Lady with Set?

ShawnHoo
07-22-2005, 02:35 AM
A rivered two pair? We know he likes to get frisky.

He could well have anything; I don't think it's self-evident that he has a flush in this situation.

rigoletto
07-22-2005, 04:05 AM
You should raise that flop. Excellent chance to fold out other gutshots and clear out overcards. If you are lucky you'll get it HU with asian lady. Was any of your cards spades?

mike l.
07-22-2005, 07:42 AM
you played it fine and should raise the river.

07-22-2005, 08:37 AM

Klepton
07-22-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold pf
call flop
call turn
raise river
pretty easy one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct advice above.

Would you like to play some HU 100-200 or something? If u don't have the BR I could always play u when u get up to 4k or whatever you think is right to start playing at that level /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

did you wake up and decide to make an account to flame a respected poster (tommy) and a learning player like myself?

i'm properly bankrolled for 100-200

you should seriously consider killing yourself

sfer
07-22-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last night it's 4 in the morning and i decide cuz i'm up 2gs at 40-80 why not take a shot at the 100-200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you post in another thread that you just deposited 3k in your Commerce Player's Bank?

Is 3k your bankroll? If so, why are you playing anything higher than 4/8?

If this is not your bankroll, why didn't you deposit more into your Player's Account? I'd rather write one check to Commerce than several. (Or...I'd rather walk into Commerce with thousands of dollars in cash ONCE than many times.)

Oh, and being up $2,000 at 40/80 is only 25 BB. That's hardly a reason to go try out the 100/200 game (where 2k is only ten BB). However, if you're a good short-handed player and the bigger game is really bad, and you're properly bankrolled (or don't mind losing all of a short bankroll), then take that seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't decide if this is serious but I don't think it's funny in either case.

07-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Michael Davis
07-22-2005, 10:29 AM
"HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LEARN TO COLDCALL A RAISE WITH 69o AHAHAHAHAHAHA."

Reading comprehension issues.

-Michael

SinCityGuy
07-22-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should raise that flop. Excellent chance to fold out other gutshots and clear out overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The pot is big, and I think this is an excellent play with the two overcards and gutshot draw. The bet comes from his immediate right, which is about as good as it gets.

sfer
07-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Are you related to Tubgirl?

etizzle
07-22-2005, 11:10 AM
lmao

durron597
07-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Did you not realize he posted in the CO? So it's only 1 bet to him and he's getting twice the odds.

theredwave
07-22-2005, 02:44 PM
He's actually in the hot tub pic. I think he was banned for some affiliate crap or something like that.

J.A.Sucker
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Raise the river. Not close. Ni han.

BoxTree
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
No humor intended. Why would you not think I was being serious? If he's properly bankrolled, great. If not, why play so high?

flawless_victory
07-22-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you like to play some HU 100-200 or something? If u don't have the BR I could always play u when u get up to 4k or whatever you think is right to start playing at that level /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]are you talking to me?!?

golferbrent
07-22-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ahahah you are a learning player?! HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LEARN TO COLDCALL A RAISE WITH 69o AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Go play some scratch tickets instead as they would be +ev for you since they will keep u buzy and away from poker. You and tommy are both more than welcome to donate $ to me at 100-200+ online. I play at all the major sites other than stars.

Someone who plays 20-40 and is over the age of 14 should not be professionally teaching anyone.

-BAM

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Hot you are really good at reading posts... I think you need to improve your reading comprehension skills before you begin posting on here about how great you are!!!

aK13
07-23-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ahahah you are a learning player?! HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LEARN TO COLDCALL A RAISE WITH 69o AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Go play some scratch tickets instead as they would be +ev for you since they will keep u buzy and away from poker. You and tommy are both more than welcome to donate $ to me at 100-200+ online. I play at all the major sites other than stars.

Someone who plays 20-40 and is over the age of 14 should not be professionally teaching anyone.

-BAM

[/ QUOTE ]

This is you:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/650/howpokah4jw.jpg

On that note

*** You are ignoring this user ***

PokerPrince
07-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Possibly the greatest post ever?

PokerPrince