PDA

View Full Version : Strange play, strange player PLEASE REVIEW

winky51
07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
What do you make of this here??

***** Hand History for Game 2400829857 *****
$200 NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, July 21, 18:20:48 EDT 2005
Table Table 55023 (6 max) (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 3: jerrrio2 ( $39.10 )
Seat 6: rwleonard ( $550.94 )
Seat 4: sweetybear ( $480.55 )
Seat 5: ribs67 ( $221.83 )
Seat 2: budman49684 ( $198.85 )
Seat 1: devyzhigh ( $26 )
jerrrio2 posts small blind [$1].
sweetybear posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to sweetybear [ Qs Qc ]
ribs67 calls [$2].
rwleonard calls [$2].
devyzhigh folds.
budman49684 calls [$2].
jerrrio2 calls [$1].
sweetybear raises [$10].
ribs67 folds.
rwleonard folds.
budman49684 calls [$10].
jerrrio2 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, Tc, 9d ]
sweetybear bets [$24].
budman49684 calls [$24].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ts ]
sweetybear bets [$55].
budman49684 calls [$55].
** Dealing River ** [ 5s ]
sweetybear checks.
budman49684 checks.

Flop with 2 draws I figures he might have AT, KQ, AK, AQ,

I figured if he had T9 (unlikely) he would raise there preventing the draw.

On the turn I figured 55 was a nice bet. Unlikely he hit TT for quads. I figured this was the least I could lose if he had 99. So he calls again. Now I just think this guy is on some draw?????

check to let him bluff on the river if he missed his draw.

RESULTS IN WHITE. Think before viewing

<font color="white"> sweetybear shows [ Qs, Qc ] two pairs, queens and tens.
budman49684 shows [ Ks, Kh ] two pairs, kings and tens.
budman49684 wins $186 from the main pot with two pairs, kings and tens.</font>

Alex/Mugaaz
07-21-2005, 06:51 PM
It looks like a scared overpair to me trying to call it down. I had him on jacks. Is he super passive? Most people will pump it somewhere with kings. On the flop it could of been AT, but he then would raise when he tripped up. Besides that the only non raising hand would be some type of draw, and there sure are plenty of those.

I like the hand, good check behind on river. Nothing you're beating is calling there. This type of stuff happens from time to time when you play scores of unknowns.

BigF
07-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I put him on JJ or KK. Guess he's not that strange to me :-)

deadmoney98
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Am I the only one who never, ever even thinks about playing KK this way? I mean, I guess that is why it was effective, cause it made no sense. Though I have to ask, how effective was it really? Generally there is a lot of money to be made holding KK when someone else has QQ.

The only hand I thought villain could play that way that beat QQ was JT. Though it seemed more likely he had something like 78s (a good drawing hand that completely missed).

wtfsvi
07-21-2005, 07:46 PM
converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

winky51
07-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Well for him to make this play against so many callers the SB or BB has to have QQ-TT AND raise, AND everyone folds but him of course, AND no ace, AND no Q......

So many variables for him to make money with the KK.

But it happens.

I look at big pairs like this, you limp you lose. I raise.

I would rather be raising with more hands then limping with good ones.

I hate limping, I usually get sucked out on when I limp. Id rather make $10 then lose $100 to some shmuck in the BB with 82o flopping 2 pair on a K 8 2 board.

BTW the converter has not been working for me. It does not translate the action on the hand?!?!

I am pulling the hands out of poker tracker.

Love $200 NL. I can't believe how unskilled the players are. I figured at $200 about 1/3 would have some skill. I steal tons of pots. I notice many of them are afraid to be and raise only $4-$5.

Man they were raising $4-$5 in 100 NL. Well Im happy:)

Pulp
07-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Tough spot here, I'm not sure what he was doing limping with KK when there are 2 limpers before him... God should have punished him by cracking those kings. Anyway, Raise to 10 seems good and strong. The bet on the flop is good, he seems to still be slow-playing, however he may be worried about AA or TT, but nonetheless he calls. Turn bet is very strong, he is now scared. I definalty wouldnt bet the river, and you rightly check.

The only advice I can give you is that the turn bet might not be favorable here... but then again that definatly opens up for a bluff. Tough play, the deck should have punished him.

Trainwreck
07-22-2005, 06:46 AM
It's not that odd, it's called WALKING THE DOG, starring YOU in this episode.

It's a move I make on occasion, I have a strong hand and just let my opponent bet off his chips, and yes, it does confuse many! It usually continues because the board starts to look scary, but I'm not backing down.

I don't do it very often, but I like it, and I recognize when someone is doing it to me and river check/check is pretty standard. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

&gt;TW&lt;

BZ_Zorro
07-22-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not that odd, it's called WALKING THE DOG, starring YOU in this episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice one.

djoyce003
07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
you realize if you put this in bisonbison's converter then delete the texas part and hit convert it works right?

pokernicus
07-22-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I put him on JJ or KK. Guess he's not that strange to me :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ or KK even though there was no pre-flop raise? Sometimes people limp with JJ, but it's much more rare to see that with KK (especially since there were already a couple of limpers ahead).

This is a pretty strange hand. Up until the river, I had him on 99 -- but after the check down, I was somewhat befuddled.