PDA

View Full Version : where to go on vacation?

bogey
07-21-2005, 06:15 PM
So my girlfriend and I have about 8 days in the beginning of August where we would like to go on vacation. We'll be flying out of Philadelphia and back to LA. We would like to do something somewhat adventurous, like a beach resort where you can do lots of day hikes, surfing, etc. We've tossed around the idea of somewhere in the caribbean, costa rica, mexico, or hawaii. Anyone have any suggestions of specific places that they've stayed? Thanks for any help guys.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Iowa. Do it.

DrunkIrish05
07-21-2005, 06:20 PM
i know its a long plane ride, but try cairns, australia or the whitsundays. There is tons to do around that area and it's one of the most remarkable places on earth with the rainforest meeting the reef.

bogey
07-21-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Iowa. Do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i suggested that, she negged it

bogey
07-21-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know its a long plane ride, but try cairns, australia or the whitsundays. There is tons to do around that area and it's one of the most remarkable places on earth with the rainforest meeting the reef.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really would like to go there, but i think i should wait until i have at least 2 weeks given how far it is

MrTrik
07-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Belize is wonderful and can be quite cheap. Check out an Island off the mainland called Ambergis Caye. I got married there a few years back. Excellent things to do and easy access to the mainland for other stuff.

Puerto Vallarta Mexico has quite a bit to do.

If you'd be willing to trade Oceans for Mountains you can't beat Montana and the Yellowstone area. You'll be river kyaking or rapid shooting with rafts and ATV riding or hiking canyons, or horseback riding rather than surfing and snorkling/diving. But excellent in the summer months.

Shajen
07-21-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
try cairns, australia

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Cairnes, and what he is saying is correct. A week or so is not enough time though.

You are gonna want at least two weeks to explore this part of the world. Trust me on this.