PDA

View Full Version : is this a value bet......am i a coward? 30-60

ShortySaurus
07-21-2005, 03:06 PM
im UTG+1 with AK no reads. UTG raises, Hero 3 bets, SB caps. We all call.

Flop:
T J Q rainbow

SB bets, UTG only has 60 bucks left so he raises, I 3 bet. SB caps.

Turn Brick
We cap turn

River J
SB checks, I check....

easy value bet???

highlife
07-21-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah, it looks like an overplayed AA or KK here.

bobdibble
07-21-2005, 03:14 PM
You need a read on SB to know what to do here.

My default play is to check/call. If SB is sane, you are chopping or SB just filled up.

If SB is a LAG and could be overplaying AA, KK, AQ, or KQ, then I bet/call.

ike
07-21-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I think you're chopping a whole lot of the time but out of the rest I think he has QQ at least as much as he has AA or KK and you're losing 2 bets to QQ and making 1 off of AA and KK so I like the check. Its not like anyone's hand is disguised here, sb would have to be really out of control to go 4 bets with AA or KK on the turn.

highlife
07-21-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I think you're chopping a whole lot of the time but out of the rest I think he has QQ at least as much as he has AA or KK and you're losing 2 bets to QQ and making 1 off of AA and KK so I like the check. Its not like anyone's hand is disguised here, sb would have to be really out of control to go 4 bets with AA or KK on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why did SB check the river then?

ike
07-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Either he has AK and he's checkcalling expecting to chop at best or he has QQ and he's checkraising because you put the 4th bet in on the turn and he expects you to fire one more or he has AA or KK and he's checkcalling planning to lose. Checking makes sense with all of his possible holdings.

ShortySaurus
07-21-2005, 03:27 PM
i highly doubt hes overplaying AA here....perhaps KK but still unlikely....

highlife
07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Either he has AK and he's checkcalling expecting to chop at best or he has QQ and he's checkraising because you put the 4th bet in on the turn and he expects you to fire one more or he has AA or KK and he's checkcalling planning to lose. Checking makes sense with all of his possible holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think hero put in the 4th bet on the turn.

geormiet
07-21-2005, 03:33 PM
I like the check behind. Anyone foolish enough to overplay AA this much will lead the river.

KK is the only hand you beat, otherwise you are either chopping or getting checkraised.

ike
07-21-2005, 03:34 PM
sb capped the flop, assuming he then lead the turn, if it went 4 bets hero put the last one in.

flawless_victory
07-22-2005, 04:19 AM
i usually bet here and fold to a raise... but checking is ok... if you are not going to fold if he CRs you, CHECK.
BTW/ i am a river payoff machine (too much)