PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 AK live hand.

Lawrence Ng
07-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Check-raise me once, shame on you!
Check-raise me twice, shame on me!
Check-raise me a third time is just pure ultimate shame!

20-40 Live hand.

I just sat down, not much read on the table except I know a few familiars and the game appears quite decent.

I pick up A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif offsuit in MP and after 1 limper comes in I raise. Folded to this bulky big white dude that is unknown to me who 3-bets in the BB, old limper asian guy calls, I cap, but somehow I just call as I thought I had 8 chips in my hand but didn't and by the time I threw my chips out it was too late as I did not make a verbal declaration to cap/raise. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Flop is K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, limper bets, I raise, BB check-raises 3 bets, limper calls, I call.

Turn is a 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, limper checks, I bet, BB check-raises, limper cold calls 2, I call.

River is a brick 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Both check to me again and I fire a barrel of 8 chips...

Donk river bet or pure pwnage for value?

Lawrence

pokerhooker
07-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi Lawrence,

BB played his hand oddly, but it looks like a flopped set that he tried to protect with a turn check-raise and finally let up on the river in case limper had a flush. I suppose he could have a flush, but that makes the river check odd.

Either way, I don't think your TPTK is going to be good often enough to warrant a value bet.

07-21-2005, 03:36 PM
I think if he has a better hand, you are going to be raised again.

The pots pretty big as it is. So even if your hand is best, I think checking it down is good.

Of course, in the possible but unlikekly event that the limper is best, you are second best, and BB is last, getting him to checkraise again could make the limper fold the best hand and help you win the pot... I don't think it happens enough to make it worth it.

RIDGE45
07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Totally agree.

The times you are going to win he is going to check call, and you thus win one extra big bet. The times your are going to lose you are probably going to get either check/called, or check/raised in which case you are losing 1-2 big bets depending. With that board and the action you have to assume you are losing most of the time, so a value bet is not in order since you are losing more big bets when you lose and you are probably losing most of the time. Decision might be more variant if you had good reads on the players at the table.

Long story short, check it down on the river and hope to take it down...

ShortySaurus
07-21-2005, 03:44 PM
check

Nightwish
07-21-2005, 03:52 PM
You guys have two K/images/graemlins/heart.gif up in Canada?

hicherbie
07-21-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

i think i check here. a checkraise on the turn probably means youre beat?

bobdibble
07-21-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

i think i check here. a checkraise on the turn probably means youre beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A two street CR from an unknown in a live game is probably bad news.

Check behind.

ike
07-21-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys have two K up in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew Ng was a cheater.

nate_king1
07-21-2005, 05:10 PM
CHECK...for value. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lawrence Ng
07-21-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys have two K up in Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, my bad, there were two diamonds on the board and I must've got the suits mixed up. There was a king on the board. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
07-21-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew Ng was a cheater.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do all the girls I date.. bwahahha.. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lawrence

MrStretchie
07-21-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if he has a better hand, you are going to be raised again.

The pots pretty big as it is. So even if your hand is best, I think checking it down is good.

Of course, in the possible but unlikekly event that the limper is best, you are second best, and BB is last, getting him to checkraise again could make the limper fold the best hand and help you win the pot... I don't think it happens enough to make it worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's value in the bet, it doesn't matter how big the pot is. Pot size only matters if you're talking about making a bet to increase your chances of winning, which as you said, isn't likely to be the case here.
However, I agree with others that this isn't a value bet either.