PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 How did I do?

Emperor
07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is a 18/18/6

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB

W. Deranged
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I was going to say that you overplayed the hand with a turn three-bet, but then I noticed that villain is outrageously aggressive.

I think this is fine. With those kinds of aggro stats you're not folding this hand. Not three-betting the turn is probably losing value. After the turn cap I think you're probably no good here, but I would certainly call down given villain's stats. I think you'll get shown QQ, JJ, A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif, etc... often enough that you're not getting away from this hand.

Padawan Learner
07-21-2005, 02:44 PM
One raise too many, imo. I would just call down once he raises the turn.

W. Deranged
07-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Note that villain is literally raising every hand he plays pre-flop and raising/betting 6 time as often as he calls post-flop. This guy plays raise-or-fold hold'em, and is likely to be raising the turn with a much wider range of including most of the ones that standard players will just call with.

MHarris
07-21-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to say that you overplayed the hand with a turn three-bet, but then I noticed that villain is outrageously aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed that usually when an opponent's stats look like that (VPIP=PFR, excessive tot-AG), it's due to a pretty small sample size, less than 50 hands.

That being said, I think calling down after the turn raise is fine. You may be losing a little value in the long haul by not 3-betting this turn, but I prefer to risk slightly underplaying a hand than slightly overplaying a hand.

shant
07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
If that read is over a significant amount of hands, I'm 3-betting the turn too.

W. Deranged
07-21-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I prefer to risk slightly underplaying a hand than slightly overplaying a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting concept... whether one prefers to err on the over- or under- playing side if two options seem to have close EV. If we were any good we'd know which one was better, but everyone has tendencies in close situations.

I tend to overplay because I'm a giant lag.

Padawan Learner
07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
W. Deranged:

[ QUOTE ]
Note that villain is literally raising every hand he plays pre-flop and raising/betting 6 time as often as he calls post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that. To be honest, my guess is that these numbers are over a pretty small sample size. Also, in my experience, ultra high aggression factors are often a result of folding too much, in addition to aggressive play. But if this guy is truly betting/raising or folding every time, then...ok......3-betting the turn is ok.