PDA

View Full Version : Our moderator has problems with players going all-in

the shadow
07-21-2005, 02:37 PM
I've been looking at a lot of posts on heads up play and came across this HU NL post by from citanul (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=595760&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&vc=1), which you and even he might enjoy reading:

[ QUOTE ]
Recently, I've been attempting to work on my heads up game . . . .

An interesting phenomenon has taken over many of the players when they are short stacked.

It appears their game plan becomes (and this is with stacks ranging from 10 to probably about 400 or 500, depending on the player) "go all in."

Now, I'm a little ashamed to have to say so, but I've been having more than what I would assume is my fair share of trouble with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, that was one of citanul's first posts back from his journeyman days, long before he discovered this forum. My educated guess is that since then he's discovered how to give his opponents their own fair share of trouble. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The Shadow

johnnybeef
07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
totally ot, but why the hell is your name black?

durron597
07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
totally ot, but why the hell is your name black?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's "the shadow"?

the shadow
07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
The Shadow = black, get it?

maddog2030
07-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Shadows are black.

Nicholasp27
07-21-2005, 02:40 PM
any username that contains "shadow" automatically becomes black...it's built into the forum software...

maddog2030
07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I think we all responded within 20 seconds of each other.

Unarmed
07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Shadow = black, get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want a color.
Can I have orange?

bluewilde
07-21-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I want a color.
Can I have orange?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Despite my newness to the forum I was gonna see if I could convince people to give me blue...then I realized I could just click on my name and it stayed blue. That was a great day...

...my life is sad.

the shadow
07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
This went nowhere when I suggested it before, but I'll try again. It seems to me that some posters deserve their own colors. To get it started, here're a few suggestions:

<font color="blue"> blue </font> bluefeet (duh!) or strassa, at least if it's duke blue and not that [censored] carolina blue

<font color="red">red</font> che or maybe apathy

<font color="pink">pink</font> dare i say yugo?

The Shadow

wulfheir
07-21-2005, 02:46 PM
i wonder how many people you just got to make a new screen name to test it.

tigerite
07-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I want alternating orange and black. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnybeef
07-21-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This went nowhere when I suggested it before, but I'll try again. It seems to me that some posters deserve their own colors. To get it started, here're a few suggestions:

<font color="blue"> blue </font> bluefeet (duh!) or strassa, at least if it's duke blue and not that [censored] carolina blue

The Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

I think red would be the most appropriate color for the beef, how do i change it?

The Yugoslavian
07-21-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

I think red would be the most appropriate color for the beef, how do i change it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't N0ob!

As far as I know only *two* people from this forum can change it.

Yugoslav

Phill S
07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a mod can change your colour. Ive already requested purple elsewhere.

Phill

The Yugoslavian
07-21-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..I guess that'd be ok. But the thing is, no matter how much everyone wants me to be, I'm not *actually* gay...or from Yugoslavia....or communist....

I'm just some punkass from Cali who looks like Peja (or David Schwimmer if you're Daliman).

Yugoslav

johnnybeef
07-21-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You don't N0ob!

As far as I know only *two* people from this forum can change it.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

you are just jealous that i am a manly red, and you are a sissy pink /images/graemlins/blush.gif

citanul
07-21-2005, 06:02 PM
i still suck heads up =(

citanul

Mr_Gordon
07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i still suck heads up =(

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]
leave it to the moderator to hijack the thread back to the original topic...

Apathy
07-21-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
red che or maybe apathy

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me, what do you think citanul? Maybe a different shade then the Sklansys?

vinyard
07-21-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i still suck heads up =(

[/ QUOTE ]

Its unfortunate that there is absolutely no way to get better heads up. Basically your heads up game stays the exact same from the first hand of poker you play with no chance of improvement while the rest of one's game can improve significantly through experience, hard work and study.

citanul
07-21-2005, 06:33 PM
nah, i don't think that's it. i think i just suck.

citanul

Noel Montgomery
07-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Really? News to me. I've made great strides in my heads up game.

citanul
07-21-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think what vinyard meant is that anyone who is not me can learn hu, while i can study and learn all other parts of the game, but suck heads up.

citanul

vinyard
07-21-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that my luck box has been re-tuned apparently I need to take the sarcasm-o-meter to the shop as well.